Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pulled in by Garda

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Something similar happened me this morning, I was on my way into college heading from liffy valley by the lights just before cherry orchard hospital. I was well back in the cue & the majority of traffic was turning right so I went to take the inside lane beside the truck in front. As I went to squeeze down the inside I realized that he was taking up the two lanes and their was a taxi trying to get into the bus lane behind me. I was stupid trying to get inside but didn’t want to hold up the bus lane so I decided to head on down the bus lane & was greeted by a copper at the lights.

He asked me what I was doing I told him the story and he said he’d let me off with a warning but would have given me a ticket if traffic wasn’t so busy. I hate people using bus lanes and got very lucky this morning. The garda was courteous and reasonable to me and I find most of the time if your respectful towards them they’ll be the same towards you, like anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I've got a major dilemma, well not major but worrying (have the standard 2 points on my licence).

Was heading up the airport road (M1) yesterday, had the limiter on, 60kph entered 80kph zone, popped the limiter up 2 notches, back to 60, popped her back down anyway was in the far left lane and realised it was heading for an exit ramp, seen a truck (the only way to describe it was flying up the next lane to the right (which I was trying to get into)) wouldn't have had time to wait for him to pass, so kicked off the limiter and floored the S, came out a good bit in front of him doing about 90kph, clicked the limiter back to 60 and let the speed bleed off while flashing my hazards as a thank you/apology to the truck behind me who proceed to overtake me on the right at speed, think I was doing around 70ish when I passed that gatso van, myself and the truck were level so not sure if a ticket is winging it's way to me.

Gutted, had the bleedin limiter on n everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

If you do get points then you deserve them for dangerous driving. That was crazy dangerous ****, you should have simply taken the exit ramp and rejoined the motorway after the roundabout on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

nialler wrote:
    I've got a major dilemma, well not major but worrying (have the standard 2 points on my licence).

Was heading up the airport road (M1) yesterday, had the limiter on, 60kph entered 80kph zone, popped the limiter up 2 notches, back to 60, popped her back down anyway was in the far left lane and realised it was heading for an exit ramp, seen a truck (the only way to describe it was flying up the next lane to the right (which I was trying to get into)) wouldn't have had time to wait for him to pass, so kicked off the limiter and floored the S, came out a good bit in front of him doing about 90kph, clicked the limiter back to 60 and let the speed bleed off while flashing my hazards as a thank you/apology to the truck behind me who proceed to overtake me on the right at speed, think I was doing around 70ish when I passed that gatso van, myself and the truck were level so not sure if a ticket is winging it's way to me.

Ok explain to me? you where messing around with the toys on ur car and not looking where you where going so when you where in the wrong lane you floored the car and weaved out in front of a lorry? speeding ticket would be the least of your worries if a Garda had seen you. Dangerous driving would be the more likely outcome.

Stark wrote:
    If you do get points then you deserve them for dangerous driving. That was crazy dangerous ****, you should have simply taken the exit ramp and rejoined the motorway after the roundabout on top.

True – wasn't messing with any toys on the car, was a good 6/7 car lenghts when out in front of the truck, it was HIS speed that worried me, I got done in Kerry a couple of years ago for doing 112 in a 100 zone, and rarely break it now (hence the limiter), he still overtook me in the blink of an eye.

And tell me, how many of you have missed the airport turn off, it's quite easy to do on that road, speaking of which another one is the N11/M50 exit ramp for loughlinstown, forever missing that one.

Other than that if I had have been thinking straight I should have just gone up the ramp and back down the opposite side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

nialler wrote:
    think I was doing around 70ish when I passed that gatso van, myself and the truck were level so not sure if a ticket is winging it's way to me.

Say it was the truck. Have you ever looked through one of those speed cams. You know that if two cars are close together they can't tell which one it was.

layke wrote:
    Say it was the truck. Have you ever looked through one of those speed cams. You know that if two cars are close together they can't tell which one it was.

Well if he says he is 6-7 car lenghts n front of the lorry how could you explain its the lorry?

Big Nelly wrote:
    Well if he says he is 6-7 car lenghts n front of the lorry how could you explain its the lorry?

Level or slightly behind the truck when passing gatso. You literally come around a bend and it's parked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

A garda would have been in the back of the van. They are trained to minimise the two car in a picture scenario therefore unless he/she had just arrived moments before u went past and there was ur car and the truck in the picture he/she would have to move to a better location.

U'd want to be incredibly lucky for this to happen

Oh yeah just to update, called into Blanch Garda station, showed license and insurance, young Garda headed off for about 5 mins, thanked me, smiled, I thanked her and walked out. How hard is that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement