Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should meat last in a fridge

• 23-11-2006 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

As the title suggest how long should a lump of beef last in a fridge, it wasn't vacuum packed. I bought it on Monday and though it should last untill today but it hasn't.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭car39

was there a smell from it?if so that would probably be from the blood.i have abit of an issue with meat and never leave it longer than 2 days.i had steak in sealed pack well within sell by date and there was that horrible smell so i gave it to my husband for dinner ,(he,s still alive).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

yeah there was a smell and it had turned a brown colour, the flesh had also started to get soft, it was deffinatly gone off.
    but i would have though it should have lasted that long.
    It's in the bin now so it won't be getting cooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nothing wrong with meat turning a little brown, just make sure its cooked through and you'll be fine.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement