Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro lite Install

Options
  • 23-11-2006 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Having read all the mixed reports about various BB providers I've finally decided to apply for a Digiweb Metrolite installation.

They have only just rolled out to my area so i'm not certain if they will have the required line of sight. (They've only just done a leaflet drop and nobody yet in my area has BB this way)

Does anyone know how long it takes them to come out and establish whether they can go ahead with install?

Does the acutal installation involve some amount of drilling cabling in my house? Do you end up with a telephone point type terminal in a specific room (such as with conventional telephone line broadband?).

Also will I need to seperately purchase a wireless router to use a laptop in various rooms in the house?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I'm only familiar with eircom/bt type broadband installations. I don't know anyone with an up and running BB system using Digiweb's technology.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

in Galway it was about a week or so some time back , I know of people in Galway who have had Metro for a year and survived the leaves on the trees and all :D

they do not supply a wireless router but the eircom starter pack for €25 in pc world can probably be hacked a tad to make it work for you as a 4 port switch and wireless hub and if not you will still get your €25 for it selling it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The eircom box isn't any use as it can only do NAT on DSL port.

You'd need a NAT/Router with ethernet port for WAN.

One hole to bring coax inside. The Inside box has two ordinary phone sockets and one ethernet port.

You can do two o/g phone calls at once but the base package only has one incomming number (both phones ring).

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10282

Pick one that has "ethernet WAN" port instead of "ADSL"

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Thanks for the info

Advertisement