Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband?

Options
  • 23-11-2006 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im looking to get wireless in my area but the only one offering it are Irish Broadband. Are they any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Don't think you'll find much responce here on that, try the broadband forum, under Net & Comms
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

mostly you will only hear about the bad comments, who ever is happy with IBB mostly don't talk about it. From my expeaence if you fall into the deep end and get unlucky then you fecked!. but if not. then their service could be excellant.
    Good luck with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I've heard good things about their satellite service, but their ripwave product is the biggest load of pants ever. Simply doesn't work.

"Broadband in a box" = Blatant false advertising.

"Some things don't work without lines, our broadband does" = Blatant false advertising.

When I'd Ripwave, i'd say I was online, maybe 5% of the time I had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

don't think IBB do satellite.

I'm in D15, but too far from Blanch exchange to get DSL, so I've had IBB's Breeze service off their Ballycoolin mast for a year or two now. 2mb/2mb service, soon to be 3mb/3mb & no contention problems whatsoever for €48

No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

IBB do 3 different wireless technologies. Two are broadband and one is flat rate wireless alternative to dialup (but not good enough for VOIP) = Ripwave.

This should be in Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > BB

OP, search the forums, and you'll find lots of info on Irish Broadband (a lot of it negative, but some positive).

• Advertisement
Advertisement