Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Editing In Dublin

• 23-11-2006 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi there

Can anyone tell me whether there is somewhere in Dublin that can copy and edit a DVD for me please?

Thanks

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

Julietta wrote:
    Hi there

Can anyone tell me whether there is somewhere in Dublin that can copy and edit a DVD for me please?

Thanks

J.

Hey Julietta,

How long is the dvd and what ist it you need done to it exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Julietta

film_gonzo wrote:
    Hey Julietta,

How long is the dvd and what ist it you need done to it exactly?

Hi there

Bit of a funny one, it's a DVD of a pregnancy ultra sound, it's about half an hour long but it shows the sex of the baby (it's a boy!) at 2 points in the DVD so I'm looking to get the original copied and then altered to delete the revelation scenes, some people want to see it but I want the sex to be a surprise.

Thanks

Julietta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Can you actually tell? Those things are mental... I'm lucky if I can make out the baby :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Julietta

Couldn't agree more Lump, I've had several scans now and should know my way around my baby at this stage but still struggle with it, the 3D is much easier and believe me, there's no doubt it's a boy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

3D? maybe he just has a third leg, or a randomly placed finger ;)

Anyway, congratulations and all that.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Julietta wrote:
    Hi there

Bit of a funny one, it's a DVD of a pregnancy ultra sound, it's about half an hour long but it shows the sex of the baby (it's a boy!) at 2 points in the DVD so I'm looking to get the original copied and then altered to delete the revelation scenes, some people want to see it but I want the sex to be a surprise.

Thanks

Julietta

Firstly Julietta, congratulations!

Now onto the business end. It'd be expensive to get a company to do this for you. But if you have a pc or mc with dvd burner and a bit of common sense you can do it.

For the Mac you will need these pieces of software

http://handbrake.m0k.org/

This will allow you to make a copy of the DVD that your mac can read.

Get the file, open iMovie maker and cut out the bits you don't want

Then export and burn using a piece of software like toast or idvd

If you have PC
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tivo-mplayer/HandBrake-0.7.0-cygwin.zip?download for the software to rip the dvd onto your pc

use windows movie maker to cut the dvd down

And something like Roxie to burn the dvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I know a guy who can help..
    If you want to pm me for his details...

Advertisement