Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the deal with extensions?

Options
  • 23-11-2006 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

I've been sick all week and have a doctors note permitting me to miss college/work all this week, however I have 3 essays due in Friday week, 2 english formative essays and one psychology essay. The psychology essay I've had the titles for for ages so I know getting an extension in that would be impossible however the formative essays are due in and I haven't gotten my summative essays back from my tutors. I should have gotten them last week but had lectures during their office hours, their office hours are both on a Thursday and these are the only times I know when to get them back (my tutorials are on Tuesday and Thursday), if I applied for an extension in both would I get one as I was unable to pick them up last week due to the class with my timetable, was too sick to go to college this week to get them and I'll only have less than a day to do two essays I've I get them next Thursday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Your best bet is to contact the relevant department/lecturer asap and explain your situation. Only they can you a definite answer. Get well soon:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I had a problem with an assignment which was due just after the xmas break one year. We had it for a couple of weeks, but I was only planning to do it the day before because I knew i'd ace it (Basic C Programming).

Trouble was I was hospitalised two days before it was due and had to have knee-surgery. The guy gave me an extra 1 week on it with no questions asked, other than the med cert. He didn't care that I already had time to do it.

Most lecturers are very reasonable as long as you're reasonable and honest with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Cheers, I'll go send the lecturers an email now, tutors never gave us their emails, grr! lol. Hopefully I get it anyway, I have no problem doing the psych one in a week just the two English on top of it would be a bitch. Would it better to email the department or the lecturers?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

You should email the lecturer directly, from past experience. (this is if a lecturer set it) Your tutors email addresses should be possible to find even if they don't email you. Google their names, they're always up to something.

Advertisement