Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analog or arrows on PS

Options
  • 23-11-2006 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

Right lads i have to ask it as it has been annoying me for a while. I personally always use the arrows but recently played against my mates and they all used the anlog is it just me or is it just them?

Analog or Arrows 15 votes

I use Analog you weirdo learn to hold the controller
    0% 0 votes
    I use Arrows your mates are weird ditch them.
    100% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dunno how anyone can use the arrows, analog all the way as it varies the running speed of the player.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

.. for me, but my friends mostly use the arrows. I find I have more control with analogue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

does it really make them faster using the analogue and mise i personally find i have less control with analogue. freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Not necessarily faster, but waaay better control at varying speeds.

Couldn't imagine pulling off half the traps, turns and sprints I currently do, if I changed to D-pad :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nah I'm too old skool to switch to analog. I think it's cause it feels weird for my thumbs not be level when using the analog if you get me. Just could never get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Arrows for me. Yeah Analogue might work better but I'm too far gone now unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I could never get used to analogue, and probably never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

arrows should be banned

analogue all the way. i play the PC version, not PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I should say though, I need the D-pad when doing free-kicks.

So really, I couldn't do without either method :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

D-Pad.

Seabass himself has said on numerous occassions that the game is designed for the D-Pad and he himself uses it to play WE. So whats good enough for him is good enough for me. :)
    KdjaCL wrote:
    Dunno how anyone can use the arrows, analog all the way as it varies the running speed of the player.

I'm not sure where you got that from as it's not actually the case. WE/PES is not an analogue sensitive game, it never has been. If it was then we wouldn't be stuck with 8 directional player movement and there would be no need for power bars or holding down a button longer to pass to a further player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yep Dpad for me, feckin analog is too low and senstitive IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

I use analogue (xbox 360) although i have noticed that some of the tricks are alot easier with the D-Pad. Unfortunatly the D-Pad on the xbox controller is babdly placed IMO so im sticking with analogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

dar83 wrote:
    D-Pad.

I'm not sure where you got that from as it's not actually the case. WE/PES is not an analogue sensitive game, it never has been. If it was then we wouldn't be stuck with 8 directional player movement and there would be no need for power bars or holding down a button longer to pass to a further player.

Try it just touch the analog in one direction then push it all the way, different running speeds, like a cheap R2.

kdjac

I only said PS because I forgot you could use the PS controllers on the pc and I figured by the controller layout on the xbox people would just use the analog as its much easier. I suppose its just what you are used to. Intresting findings though. What would you use for other games eg shooting would you use the d-pad or analog. I find it very hard to use the analog for any game eg gta it just feels awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Analogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Analog, but one of the lads uses the D-pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I voted for the Arrows. I tried and failed to use the Analogue sticks. Don't ditch your mates over such a small matter though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Reganio 2 wrote:
    What would you use for other games eg shooting would you use the d-pad or analog. I find it very hard to use the analog for any game eg gta it just feels awkward.

analogue for everything possible

malice_ wrote:
    I voted for the Arrows. I tried and failed to use the Analogue sticks. Don't ditch your mates over such a small matter though. :)
    No I am only messing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I use D-pad , brother uses analogue .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Analogue.

For the Zidane roll turn thingy, then D-Pad for life!

Advertisement