Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uefa Cup Group Games Rd 3

• 23-11-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

Thursday's fixtures:

Group A
    Auxerre 2-2 Rangers (1830)

Group B
    Bayer Leverkusen v Tottenham (1930)

Group E
    Feyernoord v Blackburn (1945)

Group H
    Fenerbahce 3-0 Palermo (18:00)

Newcastle v Celta Vigo (1945)

Newcastle Starting XI:

...............Given
    Solano Taylor Bramble Ramage
    ................Butt
    Milner Emre N'Zogbia Luque
    ..............Sibierski

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

berbatov scores for spurs
    0-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Toon 1-0 down I missed the goal.

1-1 Sibierski equalises :)

Terrific cross from Milner setup an easy header for the Sib. Very similar to Luque's goal against Palermo except from the right this time.

Celta are really here for the taking. Newcastle dominating possession but fairly toothless up front. Luque seems to be playing more out wide.

A point should do us but I think the introduction of Martins or Dyer will win us the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,338 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where are you watching those games?

I know the Blackburn game is on Eurosport

muffler wrote:
    Where are you watching those games?

I know the Blackburn game is on Eurosport
    http://rojadirecta.com/

English commentary for Newcastle on Caifu :)

Mixed bag for Luque so far. Some wonderful crossing but at other times wasteful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Newcastle game is on five but we cant get it over here in Ireland grrr

2-1 Steven Taylor :D

PPmate keeps crashing on me :(

Happy with that for a makeshift Newcastle team. All four British clubs are through to the knockout stages, Newcastle top their group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A fine 0-0 draw for Blackburn. This has been easily Rovers' best season ever in European football. Still undefeated.

Usually they'd be out in the first round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

not the best spurs performance ive ever seen, but job done.
    even managed to remain relvatively calm for the last 15 minutes instead of our usual headless chicken act.
    good to see all 4 british teams through to the next round. bring on our last game and hopefully top the group. could do without having to play a CL dropout just yet :)

• Advertisement

I stand corrected, Newcastle haven't quite won their group.

Unlike the CL groups where

1) Higher number of points obtained in the matches between the teams in question

and

2) Superior goal difference from the matches between the teams in question

are applied to seperate teams on equal points (eg. Celtic ahead of Man Utd), the Uefa Cup groups are decided by overall superior goal difference.

So that means if Fenerbache win their two remaining games and Newcastle lose their final match in Frankfurt, Fenerbache will top the group despite losing at SJP.

How odd that Uefa haven't standardised the rules across all their competitions.

Edit: actually maybe not so odd as the Uefa Cup games aren't played home and away, thus giving the home side an unfair advantage in head to head records if they finish level on points.

Advertisement