Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some free software for sequencing a few tunes...

Options
  • 23-11-2006 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine wants to mix a few songs together for a dance performance type thing she has coming up. I originally suggested using Acid and just sticking each song in as a one shot file and then chosing where each one starts and stops, but that kind of seems like overkill for her needs (plus, it's not free...)
    Anybody got any recommendations for more basic free software that could do the job?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you could do it in audacity

essentially its nto mixing youre after, just arrangement with quick cuts between parts yeh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, just a few basic cuts and then saving the final product as a wav file is all that's going to have to be done.
    Audacity sounds like just the job actually, I'll have a quick play around with it later on.
    Nice one Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Try Reaper too, its probably the best in terms of freeware and I think its $40 to buy with further features.

Advertisement