Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up email on Perlico -server settings?

• 23-11-2006 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

A friend who's just got broadband from Perlico has asked me to set up email on his computer. He was previously using Eircom dial-up. Perlico told him he could continue to use his Eircom email address after switching. I searched the Perlico web site but couldn't find any info about their email servers. Any Perlico customer out there who could help with their pop and smtp server info?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

For incoming mail your friend needs to use eircom's pop server otherwise they wont get their emails.

For smtp I'm not sure whether its possible to use eircom's one if you are not on eircom's network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

In Outlook Express use mail1.eircom.net for incoming, and Perlico's own mail server for outgoing. Probably something like mail.perlico.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

You also set the return address on outgoing email as the eircom email addy your mate has.

Just looking on the crappy perlico support site, the smtp addy for their dialup service is mail.iol.ie or mail.iolfree.ie

You could try both of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Thanks for the advise everyone. I'll try the settings tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kenavon

Hi, I have been using an eircom.net address and until to-day I found that I could not send emails. Granted I knew it was a settings issue.
    However I have now found the settings that work for me.
    POP3- webmail.eircom.net,
    SMTP - mail.vodafone.ie
    with the default SSL settings.

Note that Vodafone recently took over Perlico.
    Hope this helps, Kenavon
    oisin wrote: »
    A friend who's just got broadband from Perlico has asked me to set up email on his computer. He was previously using Eircom dial-up. Perlico told him he could continue to use his Eircom email address after switching. I searched the Perlico web site but couldn't find any info about their email servers. Any Perlico customer out there who could help with their pop and smtp server info?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ridley Orion

Hi Folks,
    Had the same problem. Have Eircom mail account but broadband through Perlico - crappy Perlico site has out of date information. Until I read it here, I did not realise that the outgoing server should be mail.vodafone.ie
    Thanks for help.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 7 Lizzie4711

Anyone out there have any opinion on Perlico. I think they are crap, their network is always faulty and their technical support team are really useless. I've just had a trying time trying to get my broadband repaired but was told that it would be reported to head office as there was nothing he could do!. How stupid is that!. I complained about this and I was told more or less, tough!. I'm back to Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AOC1974

Hi Folks,
    Had the same problem. Have Eircom mail account but broadband through Perlico - crappy Perlico site has out of date information. Until I read it here, I did not realise that the outgoing server should be mail.vodafone.ie
    Thanks for help.

I spent the last 2 days thinking there was something wrong with my laptop and find that perlico BB info on their site was out of date !! Thanks for the helpful info:D

Advertisement