Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leverkusen 0 Spurs 1

Options
  • 23-11-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Just finished watching it on German channel 2DF. Thought Spurs were brill. Berbatov, even though he scored, didn't seem to want to play against his former club; would have substituted him earlier. Keane superb; Zokora also.
    Why can't they play like that in the Premiership?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

great result.good point lets hope they draw some confidence from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Good performance - should have added more. Also thought Chimbonda, King, Dawson and Robinson looked class. A-E beaten too easily by substitute on a couple of occasions. Mido is getting up my nose - should have passed to Keane to clinch near the end.

Hampden still looks a possibility.

Cant understand performances in league - especially Reading lately.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

galinka wrote:
    Good performance - should have added more. Also thought Chimbonda, King, Dawson and Robinson looked class. A-E beaten too easily by substitute on a couple of occasions. Mido is getting up my nose - should have passed to Keane to clinch near the end.

Hampden still looks a possibility.

Cant understand performances in league - especially Reading lately.:)

I know I mentioned Keane and Zokora as having played well, the others also, especially Chimbonda and Robinson, had a good game. Was not too impressed by Berbatov though. Would love to see them play like that week after week in the Premiership!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Thought we were comfortable enough and should have nicked at least another goal or 2. Pity we haven't be able to take the UEFA form into the league. The Spurs crowd were fantastic. Really came over well on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Just in the door from Germany, what a quality trip!

Pat, Anthony was an absolute gem, if the rest of the Cork yids are like him you're a lucky bunch. Absolutley s*it-faced on both wednesday and Thursday nights, Cologne was mobbed with Spurs. We took over the Jamseon Irish bar from early doors, don't know how I made it back to the hotel alive.

• Advertisement

Few pics from Thursday night (thanks to Dublin Spur)

CologneNov2006013.jpg

Anthony (corkyid off FTL and COYS), Shane (Dublin Spur), Steve (ackneyboy off FTL) and an ugly me. 3.25 Irishmen...:D

CologneNov2006015.jpg

Shane and Lynford, mod of FTL.

CologneNov2006006.jpg

The massive FTL flag, weighs 6kg I'm told...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Great pics Ronan. Was talking to corkyid at the weekend and it sounds like ye had a great time. I'll have to try and make the next one!

PS As for the rest of Corkspurs being like the top man you'll have to comedown sometime to find out ;)

yiddo wrote:
    Great pics Ronan. Was talking to corkyid at the weekend and it sounds like ye had a great time. I'll have to try and make the next one!

PS As for the rest of Corkspurs being like the top man you'll have to comedown sometime to find out ;)

Pat, I will be there!

Even got a few of my fellow Block 41 Row 15 Yids interested...:D

Advertisement