Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox problems with Boards

Options
  • 24-11-2006 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

I know this is slightly off topic ... but is anyone else having problems using firefox and boards ?

I can't seem to get the thread tools menu to appear when I want to subscribe to a thread ... and this is happening on two pc's one with xp the other with 2000pro...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

So not related to photography!

But, not having that problem myself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yes; look in Help Desk and Feedback - which would be the relevant fora...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

having that problem too... but moving this to feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

Yeah ... sorry about posting this in photography, know the people there a bit better so ... not used to the wider big bad world of boards ... tend to do all my posting in photography .. the other 260 odd posts were relvent ... I hope !!!

... I suppose posting in the wrong forum constitutes some sort of geeks faux pas ??

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Eh, we prefer the term "nerds".

To answer your question, this seems to be happening for most people. It's happening to me in FF 2.0 and IE 7 so I don't know what it is. Needless to say it will be sorted soon enough.

Here's a tip: if you want to use thread tools/view someone's profile, right click the link that would normally give you a dropdown. Then select "Open in New Tab" or whatever's relevant.

This will open another page with the thread tools embedded on it/the person's profile, respectively.

Geeks! Jeesh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I don't seem to be having any problems with it at all in FF2.0, in either Linux or Windows. The only thing I have noticed is that if you have scriptblocker enabled, it removes the link to the thread tools dropdown completely.

[edit] Actually it just removes the little triangle thing, the Thread Tools is still there, but it will open the options in the current tab/window rather than drop down.

Advertisement