Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent places to go out in Leitrim?

Options
  • 24-11-2006 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Howdy all,

Basically it's a long story, bt my family inherited a house in Leitrim (My Dad's from there) and myself and my mates like to go up there for the laugh. We've been up once already, we just stayed in the house all weekend and had a wekend long party.

We're heading up again soon and fancy going out. Would Carrick be the best place? The house is about a 2 minute drive from Dromod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

DoubleJoe7 wrote:
    Howdy all,

Basically it's a long story, bt my family inherited a house in Leitrim (My Dad's from there) and myself and my mates like to go up there for the laugh. We've been up once already, we just stayed in the house all weekend and had a wekend long party.

We're heading up again soon and fancy going out. Would Carrick be the best place? The house is about a 2 minute drive from Dromod.
    Carrick would probably be considered the best place.
    But there are some decent pubs in Roosky and Dromod AFAIK - especially during the summer!

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Yeah I know these places but not for late nights/Saturday nights. Late bars/clubs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I know there is a nightclub in Mohill put that would be a nice drive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Hillstreet in Mohill is good, but I've heard it's not as busy this last while. Head for Carrick. Loads of good pubs. Anchorage, Oarsman, Dunnes, Flynns, Poitin Still etc. On a Friday theres a club behind the Landmark Hotel (good bar at the front too). On Saturday, Passion is open (a mile or so out the Leitrim road). It holds 3000 people. There's buses to and from Carrick. Better if you have a designated driver though. Then you can try some of the smaller towns like Drumshanbo, Ballinamore, Mohill etc. Some of those places are a bit quiet this time of year. Carrick is the only place you're guaranteed a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Cheers for the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I hear "The Central" in Manorhamilton is the place to go in Leitrim...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I hear "The Central" in Manorhamilton is the place to go in Leitrim...

the chimp has spoken

Advertisement