Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby minding rates and what to consider

Options
  • 24-11-2006 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I am on the lookout for a baby minder for our 4 month old while his mum goes back to work next month. We are looking for someone to come in to our home for a couple of hours in the morning 5 days a week.
    I work from home so I can rearrange my time to get most of my working day done in the morning while the minder is here.

First any potential problems I should consider or be on the look out for?
    Second, what is the average hourly rate for a baby minder?
    Third and final is any suggestions of where to look for someone suitable?

Drogheda based.

Thanks,
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

The first thing is, if a minder comes to your home, legally s/he is an employee rather than a Childminder, and you are responsible for tax/prsi etc. Payment will be much higher than for a childminder who works in their own home and is self employed. Depending on location, a Childminder will be around €5 per hour.

Advertisement