Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken in breadcrumbs

• 24-11-2006 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭

I've got a lovely dish chicken in breadcrumba (crumbs in basil, salt pepper, chili powder, and salt) The thing is i'm looking for a good binding agent of the coating, any clues?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Dip the chicken in flour, then beaten egg, then into the breadcrumbs.

This is pretty much the standard for breading chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Dip the chicken in flour, then beaten egg, then into the breadcrumbs.

This is pretty much the standard for breading chicken.

Cheers out of curiousity whats the best kind of breadcrumbs?

I stuff the chicken with mozeralla, and wrap it in parma ham, the cheese keeps the chicken very moist.

Best breadcrumbs, are any really.

Last time I did it I blitzed up a few slices of stale pat the bakers with some herbs.

Frozen breadcrumbs from Tesco will also do it.

It's also a good idea if you have a few slices left over in the end of a loaf that are gone stale to pop them in the blitzer then freeze them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Blub2k4 wrote:
    It's also a good idea if you have a few slices left over in the end of a loaf that are gone stale to pop them in the blitzer then freeze them.

Not a bad idea. Ta.

• Advertisement
Advertisement