Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Movie!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

To be honest with ya, I have no idea what was going on there, I was just checking out your lady friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I've of the same opinion as Fade2black, what's going on? Is there supposed to be a story, or is it a music video? Not wanting to sound too harse, but it's a poor attempt at either, it seems to me that you just wanted to try every effect on the editing software.

Also it'd be nice to invest in a tripod, or at least attempt to hold the camera steady. I don't think you're trying to go for the NYPD look.

Having lots of tacky wipes doesn't make a pointless video more exciting. Sorry if I'm sounding harse, but you did ask for opinions. Maybe you can put the video into context.

John

Also, anto, why did you delete your post, I had a read I wouldn't have deleted it. Everyone's entitles to their opinion.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

i knew everyone would slate him.... so thats why i sort of deleted the post... anyway ill say it again :P
    windows movie maker should be banned... the content is crap a person on the swings wow... and to add excitment you speeded it up... then went to another shot and then you moved to the other side of the swings and slowed it down.... over use of effects allright...

ban movie maker and people who do this to put on bebo.....

and

get your friends more pissed and then film them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coco200066

Thought it was very cute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

honest opinion is that it looks crap. As john said you spent more time playing with transitions than on the actual edit. rather than banning movie maker, maybe all editing programmes should just remove those sort of transitions.

decob wrote:
    honest opinion is that it looks crap. As john said you spent more time playing with transitions than on the actual edit. rather than banning movie maker, maybe all editing programmes should just remove those sort of transitions.

They can be used effectively, but only in certain situations. I will always think that they look tacky, and as you said they should be removed from editing software, a simple dissolve does it for me :)

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Lump wrote:
    They can be used effectively, but only in certain situations. I will always think that they look tacky, and as you said they should be removed from editing software, a simple dissolve does it for me :)

John

i'm the same, tho i do happen to know an editor who hates dissolves and will only use them as a last resort if he really needs to. Feels you are trying to cover something up using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

what is with that song being used in movies about people and thier mates? I must have seen 5 of them recently with that exact song in the background.

Mostly on people's BeboTV thing.

Advertisement