Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am amazed by the skills of some people here

Options
  • 24-11-2006 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, Guys...!!!

I am new on your site and I am amazed by the skills of some people here...
    not too sure if this is the right place to be posting this msg

Let me introduce myself first :

I am Yann, a webmaster and dive instructor, 27 years old.

i have many questions about music, web , PC and education...

Where i can post my messages...

So, thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yannbarvss wrote:
    Where i can post my messages...

why not ask right here?

keep in mind that boards is split into lots of sub-categories, so music questions go in the music forum etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Thats strange he posted the exact same message on the poker forum............

no obvious hidden spamming though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

shoutman wrote:
    Thats strange he posted the exact same message on the poker forum............

no obvious hidden spamming though.
    yea we had him over on snowboarding forum i'm admin on, exact same post, not sure what his ploy is but deleted anyway just to sure, and stop a random thread like this developing!! :)

edit: perhaps he's just testing a spambot
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=yannbarvss+I+am+amazed+by+the+skills+of+some+people+here&btnG=Search&meta=

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

maybe he's testing some mass posting software/bot, the next wave of internet crap? or really stoned so he keeps forgetting he actually posts and keeps doing it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nice one frodo, you could be right. His IP shows a number of spammers that have been banned or are waiting to post their spam. I think this particular forum (for god knows what reason) is a spam magnet. The amount of spam this forum gets is unreal. At least 5 new spam threads per day :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Gordon wrote:
    I think this particular forum (for god knows what reason) is a spam magnet. The amount of spam this forum gets is unreal. At least 5 new spam threads per day :rolleyes:
    Agreed, this forum is getting raped by spammers... they must all use the same 'new-thread' url in their spambot apps... maybe the urls get shared around on massive lists or something.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This is what I see in modview.

It's heartbreaking.

802207624942837010268508_daad_modview.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

CuLT wrote:

It's heartbreaking.

Wowser!!

Definitely one of the best moderated forums on the net though. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Where is the best place to find loan, credit and other information?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

CuLT wrote:

It's heartbreaking.
    It really is...our beloved, glorious moderator didn't nuke any of them. tut.

:p

As above: he's probably testing or else he'll change his sig. at a later date. </paranoia>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'm liking the britney spears nude thread

Reason for deletion: photoshoppage too bad.

:D:D:D

Advertisement