Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free trials still available?

• 27-11-2004 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Are all the free broadband trial offers still available, and will they still be available in the new year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭robo

ESAT BT extended their sign up time to something around the 9th of December I think. But as soon as you get it, the 3 months start from there. It is a good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Eircom wholesale stop taking orders on the 10th of December. I'd say the 9th is the cutoff all right.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

On Eircom site is says the following...

http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/bveircom/mainPage.jsp
    2 months FREE trial when connected before December 31st.

Can't find anything on UTVIP. (I can never find anything on that site) Its says 3 months and 4 months free. Which is it? I'm not inclined to go with them from the problems I seee people are having with it.

BT says the 9th and 3 months free.

Can't find anything on NTL.

I've been on the NTL myself. But I'm checking it out for someone else in the family. I know that they'll only want the bare min as they are not heavy users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ogiemoore

shouldn't believe everything u read richardo. lets face it most people havent got a clue about computers and when the bugger up theyll always look to blame someone else. u dont expect people with no problems (people who know what they are doing) to post. anyway i agree with u about utvs site a right dogs breakfast but the clicksilver is as good as u will get on dsl. its only 30 euros and even though there r 48 contenders i cant say ive ever noticed. there talk thing is worth looking at too. what the special offer is that u get 3 months trial no strings attached and if u sign up 4 a year u get the first month free. if u cancel during the ist tear u have 2 pay the ist month back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I take your point and I was a UTVipXL customer till I got NTL broad band. I'm signed up the UTVTalk. I haven't had any problems with the phone side of it but I did have outages of net access on a few occasions. But never more than an evening. Overall I though it was a good deal. At the moment though NTL at €25 a month is a better product if you can get it. In my opinion. I was wondering about the trial period though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement