Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery Prob

Options
  • 24-11-2006 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Drivin in to work this morning and I ran out of petrol......turns out my gauge is broke. Anyway when I got some juice into it she wouldn't start and eventually stopped turning over on the starter. "Battery" said I so I got a jumpstart. Anyway, do I need a new battery or do I just run the engine for a while and charge the one I have?? Any help please as I love cars but am under the impression that they are propelled by witchcraft or something!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Best bet is to try charge the one you have, if that won't hold the charge you then have a matter of getting a new battery or the possibility of the altinator being gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Because you ran out of fuel, your fuel line was empty and you had to pump fuel back into the system using your starter a good few times, which drained the battery.

Driving for a while today should charge the battery enough to get you started normally again tomorrow.

Having said that, a healthy battery won't bat an eyelid at having to turn the starter a few times, so yours is probably a bit weak. Could be that it's nearing the end of its life, could be that it just needs some water and a good charge.

Get it checked and if indeed you need a new one, they don't cost the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Cheers Guys.
    Will get it checked tomorrow!

Advertisement