Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vw polo boot lock,knackered?

Options
  • 24-11-2006 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

i have a 97 polo, and for the last few months the boot lock has been goin pretty wonky,as in often it wudnt open unless you stuck the key in and turned it to 1 o'clock or so,then it would catch on something and open.
    however now that plan is screwed and it wont open at all, am i lookin at having to get a new lock or it there something i can tighten/replace easily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say its knackered. It could be the lock cylinder or the lock mechanism. Best thing to do is to remove the lock and try to see exactly where the fault is. It could also be that the striker plate needs to be moved slightly.

I don't think a new lock would be too expensive - especially if you can fit it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

cool, i havnt had chance to investigate it since it knackered fully because have ben workin too late to see it in daylight,hopefully i get to tackle it over weekend

Advertisement