Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Behringer BCD2000 - Need Advise Please

• 24-11-2006 10:50am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As I'm sure many of you know I've been using the Hercules DJ console (with the bundled Virtual DJ) for about a year and have many good things to say about it. Its been used and abused and now I want a change, something a little better and more advanced - however really it is just the basic of mixing I'm interested in, perhaps a few loops and effects, nothing too crazy.

I'm thinking of getting the Behringer BCD2000 - I have read lots of good reviews - but also some mixed / bad ones - however I think that many issues have been fixed since the first release. I have not heard much about the bundled sortware B-DJ, aparantly it is fine but nothing fantastic. However Virtual DJ 4,1 is now certified to work with the BCD2000 - although there are some limitations like you can't mix video's, but that does nto concern me.

Can anyone offer advice? I want to know if its worth spending 200 yo yo's on it etc

Cheers
    Zascar

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've taken the plunge and bought one. I'll let you all know how i get on when it gets delivered this week.

Here are a few good links for anyone that is interested:
    BCD200 Blog
    Xyilo - Makers of the BDJ software

Does anyone else here have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I've thought about it a good bit like, but I've recurring nightmares of DJ'ing and a BSOD coming up... Plus using decks just *looks* better and like you're doing more work; The hoi polloi laugh at laptops (the bastids that they are).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

jimi_t wrote:
    The hoi polloi laugh at laptops (the bastids that they are).

Just look right down your nose at the oiks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Hey Zas, still waiting on my laptop to be fixed (pure laziness on my part). Mine is still in the box, ready to be used. I'll be getting an external HD to store the 9000+ songs I'll be using. When it comes together it should be good :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Hey, got my laptop back and set up last night. For all intents and purposes it appears to be working well! The response time is pretty much instant, the pitch change/bend is bang on. The gains and cuts are pretty sharp.

I tried scratching with the wheel and it was fairly pants, but I was prepared for that anyway :D Its just too small to really mess with!

The only problem I'm having is with playing the MP3's - when I load a few songs into the list, I put one song onto Deck A or B and play it - the first 5-6 seconds of every song just sounds like static. I don't know how to fix it like, because the MP3's play as normal in windows media player?? :confused:

Other than that, I think it'll be a nifty little thing to have. Will post more as I learn new things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I forgto to say that i actually went ahead and bought one anwyay. I got it last week but I've barely had time to play with the thing. Its looks and feel really nice so far and although I'd say it will take a little time to get used to I'm sure its a great piece of it, especially for the money (€170) - from what I found online to get anything better you hvae to spend WAY more money.

The software it comes with B-DJ from XLIO is 'ok' - but I perfer Virtual DJ. However no matter what I try I just cannot get it to work! It just stops playing the song after a minute or so and then I have to restart. I had some serisou problems with my sound drivers etc and have not figured it out yet. Might give it a go with Traktor later.

Has anyone else had a play with it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dvdgangster

i got one of these when they first came out, their allright, but you nearly need a clean computer to play one, and laptops using any other usb ports can have problems, in general if its for the bedroom, get one! but for pro use, i wouldnt advice,

all yous with trouble try turning the master tempo off, or go to the xylio forums (were everyone complains about the software) and lots of problems are solved

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LaMoose

Zascar, you seem to be the man in the know on the ole laptop djing vibe-put simply Hercules or Behringer?? Also, anyone used the xp-10 or the kontrol dj?
    Cheers

I've barely had any time to play with the Behringer so far, but it looks pretty good... I can't get it to work properly with Virtual DJ and the softwre it comes with B-DJ is not great, but I'd say that when I do get it working it will be great, the Behringer is a much more advanced unit.

I'll post more when I get more time to play with it...

Advertisement