Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyres

Options
  • 24-11-2006 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All, Have To Get New Tyres For Car Was Wondering Can Any One Recommend A Good Make As We Have Mitch But Found They Wore Quick!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What kind of car do you have? Good tyres can vary from one model to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

What The Story With Putting A Capital At The Start Of Every Word????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

More details. What size tyres and what car are they for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭vixen2005

Its A Vw Touran 1.9tdi And I Wrote In Caps All Along As Im Not A Great Typist And It Changed On Its Own To It!
    My Topic Is About Tyres Though!

And the tyre dimensions?....written on the side of the tyre e.g 215/55/R16

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How long did they last? They are possibly a soft tyre which will give better grip than a harder tyre.
    Have a look at eiretyres.net for comparitive prices and reviews

Sorry Yea The Size Is 195/65 15 We Only Got 31000km Out Of Em And The 4 Are Fecked We Had The Car Tracked And Balanced So That Was Not An Issue

vixen2005 wrote:
    Sorry Yea The Size Is 195/65 15

Very common size. Would highly recommend the following

Goodyear NCT 5's.....had them on my last car in a bigger size and got 36000 miles from them with good wet/dry handling....excellent tyres

Also recommend Bridgestone Turanza ER 30's .....also excellent wear and grip

You should pay around €80 for each tyre balanced and fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

We Only Got 31000km Out Of Em And The 4 Are Fecked We Had The Car Tracked And Balanced So That Was Not An Issue
    That's not to bad I haven't even got 15,000km out of my tires, the fronts are gone but the back two are ok. Their Mitchilen aswell.

Mine are the same 195/65 R15 ,are mitchilens good tires? I want the best tires more so than the best value.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Tyre lifespan is based on many factors including the type of tyre(soft/hard) and driving style so 15km may or may not be good.
    ScumLord wrote:
    Mine are the same 195/65 R15 ,are mitchilens good tires? I want the best tires more so than the best value.
    Best tyres for what?
    Soft tyres give better grip but dont last as long whereas harder tyres have a better lifespan but aren't as grippy.
    As for what are Michelins like - what model of Michelins? They would be regarded as a good manufacturer alright though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

kbannon wrote:
    How long did they last? They are possibly a soft tyre which will give better grip than a harder tyre.
    Have a look at eiretyres.net for comparitive prices and reviews
    Have you bought tyres from that site? Are they trustworthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

eiretyres are very trustworthy

I would recommend Toyo T1-R's. Great grip, low noise and wear well.

Hi All Thanks For That.we Went With Pirelli P6000 Got Em For 80 Each And Only Needed Front He Said That Mitch Aren What They Used To Be.i Only Drive Car On Short Hops Every Now And Then On A Long Drive. Thanks For All Your Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Your Capital Letter At The Start Of Every Word Screws Up My Reading Of Your Sentences. All Capitals In A Sentence Is The Text Version Of Shouting. GO LEARN HOW TO TYPE AND HOW TO PUNCTUATE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Lex Luthor wrote:
    eiretyres are very trustworthy

I would recommend Toyo T1-R's. Great grip, low noise and wear well.
    Am looking for Bridgestone Potenzas or Continental Contisports. The Potenzas are €750 here. Is it hard to get them fitted once you get them here? I imagine some places would be pissed you got your tyres elsewhere.

FX Meister wrote:
    The Potenzas are €750 here.

Hope thats for the 4 of them! Got quoted €160 each for them in 225/45/R18 fitted and balanced. Went for the Vredestein Ultracs instead for the same price which was a bargain.

Can't see you being too welcome at the tyre shop with your tyres you bought elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I've been using Continental EcoContacts (on a Passat TDI) and I'd recommend them hightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

vixen2005 wrote:
    Hi All Thanks For That.we Went With Pirelli P6000 Got Em For 80 Each And Only Needed Front He Said That Mitch Aren What They Used To Be.i Only Drive Car On Short Hops Every Now And Then On A Long Drive. Thanks For All Your Help!

P6000 are a soft compound and will not last you long at all, I was only getting 8 to 10 months out of them, have changed to Bridgestone Potenza RE 720 and so far they are on the car a year and a half with still plenty of tread left. Also found the P6000s crap in the wet, Potenza are a much better tyre over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

FX Meister wrote:
    Am looking for Bridgestone Potenzas or Continental Contisports. The Potenzas are €750 here. Is it hard to get them fitted once you get them here? I imagine some places would be pissed you got your tyres elsewhere.

On the eiretyres web site there is a list of tyre fitters:

http://www.eiretyres.com/start.html

Dont forget to add the cost of the tyres + fitting to get a true overall cost.

If you live in Dublin give Round about tyres on the Walkinstown roundabout a call, they might be able to do the the tyres cheaper or if your on the north side Dave McCann tyres in Blanch.

Round about Tyres (01)4508015
    Dave McCann (01)8202221

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

After bad experiences with Bridgestone and Continental, I'm never buying anything but Pirelli P7 ZRs from now on. Loads of grip and they last ages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement