Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Dsl same as Bt?

Options
  • 24-11-2006 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for broadband preferably 3mb thats good for gaming.

Been looking whats avail in my area and ive narrowed it down to Digiweb Dsl and Bt both 3mb.

I don't know much about digiweb, no one i know has it where as we have bt at home and so far no problems at all in the 2-3 we've been with them.

Whats the general taughts about both in terms or reliabilty and quality of service they offer?

Jozi

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

about equal but digiweb support can be contacted (unlike BT recently)

BT _may_ also be a bit more relaxed about the cap although its lower than Digiwebs but not by much

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There are a few (ex Esat) BT LLU customers. BT may have done some LLU since taking over Esat, but they aren't doing new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

watty wrote:
    There are a few (ex Esat) BT LLU customers. BT may have done some LLU since taking over Esat, but they aren't doing new ones.
    I haven't a clue what that means :D

I think maybe bt would be a better option. I know i said we dont use the phone much but i think for 10 euro extra its not to bad to get the phone + bb bundle.

Does the phone + bb bundle mean i don't have to pay eircom line rental?

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

jozi wrote:
    I think maybe bt would be a better option. I know i said we dont use the phone much but i think for 10 euro extra its not to bad to get the phone + bb bundle.

Does the phone + bb bundle mean i don't have to pay eircom line rental?
    The BT bundles include the cost of line rental. 3MB DSL and line rental costs €50, 3M DSL, line rental and calls costs €63. Digiweb 3MB DSL costs €42.32 plus €24.18 line rental= €66.50 without any calls. So BT is considerably cheaper. If you don't make that many calls, just get the broadband and line rental, and use Voip when you need to make a call.

50pm sounds reasonable. I'm going to have a chat with my house mates, sharing 50 between 5 isn't a lot to pay per month i htink they might agree with that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

a bundle is a 12 month contract while BB on its own is only a 6 month contract

Sponge Bob wrote:
    a bundle is a 12 month contract while BB on its own is only a 6 month contract
    Crap, im pretty sure i wont be living there for a year :( where as 6 months would be perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

jozi wrote:
    Crap, im pretty sure i wont be living there for a year :( where as 6 months would be perfect
    Only Voice bundles are 12 month contracts. Broadband and line rental bundles are 6 month contracts.

"Broadband & Total Talk" is a flat rate voice Bundle, with a 12 month minim contract.

"Broadband & Talk" doesn't have any "flat rate" calls included, and is only a 6 month minimum period.

“Minimum Period” means the minimum period of one year commencing on the Operational Service Date in the case of the Flat Rate Anytime and Flat Rate Evenings and Weekend Services, and the minimum period of six months commencing on the Operational Service Date in the case of BT Broadband. The minimum period for Broadband & Total Talk means one year commencing on the dates set out in the additional terms and conditions applicable to Broadband & Total Talk.

So you can still get your 3MB and line rental for 50 euro.

Advertisement