Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stone in stormont

Options
  • 24-11-2006 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

Dramatic scenes taking place: just listening to a radio report which says that loyalist thug Michael Stone has bee arrested while trying to bring a suspicious bag with smoke coming from it into Stormount after writting 'Sinn Fein/IRA Scum' on a wall of the building. more to come. no link yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

just watching it on sky news,what a lunatic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6179792.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

"No officer my wife just packed me a couple of smokey bacon rolls for lunch"

Stone is one the most dyed in the wool psychopaths of the troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

He likes being in the limelight. Remember his murderous actions in Milltown cemetery in 1987. He should be back inside again now, having broken his behaviour and the terms of his release under the Good Friday Agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This is the same guy who appeared with the family of one of his victims on some BBC program about reconciliation. Leopard and spots spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sure he was in the papers last year talking about the various targets him and others have picked out in Dublin should the IRA ever return or any unnacceptable concessions/progress be made by Sinn Fein. Unfortunately there's plenty of others that think along the same lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Someone tell me how in the f*ck one of the most famous loyalist murderers in the province can walk in the bloody gates of Stormont let alone get near the front door or inside on today of all days, then have time to do some redecorating before chucking something in to the xray scanner. I mean, I know the PSNI must be out of practice at things like this, but FFS.

Always very fishy how something invariably happen at the most crucial times in the North...Donaldson was murdered last time there was some deadline near....the huge PSNI raid in stormont at a delicate moment...loads of toher things...they can't all be cooincidence.
    This is another attempt to bugger things up by vested interests...with seemingly no hinderance from security forces, and apparent help in a few cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Heard they found 6 or 7 devices there as well. What if they were not related to him? Or (more for the conspiracy forum) he actually knew about them and staged this stunt so he wouldn't be marked as a supergrass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Wertz wrote:
    Someone tell me how in the f*ck one of the most famous loyalist murderers in the province can walk in the bloody gates of Stormont let alone get near the front door or inside on today of all days, then have time to do some redecorating before chucking something in to the xray scanner. I mean, I know the PSNI must be out of practice at things like this, but FFS.

He was supposed to be reformed/ born again famous painter or whatever. At least this means they can lock him up again - they are all only out "on Licence" so I assume his original sentence is now back in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Does this mean that the DUP, British & Irish governements are going to insist on Unionist de-commisssioning now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Someone tell me how in the f*ck one of the most famous loyalist murderers in the province can walk in the bloody gates of Stormont let alone get near the front door or inside on today of all days

Parity of esteem?

• Advertisement

Sand wrote:
    Parity of esteem?

Who was the not so famous murderer in Stormont today then?

Sand wrote:
    Parity of esteem?

lol

Probably a simpler answer was that they were all just let in...but only one was there with a seemingly personal agenda, a proven track record for not being afraid to be a man of action rather than of words, and a bag full of nail bombs...

I'll say this for Stone; the man certainly has the courage of his convictions. Or someone elses...

The fact that he could get up the front drive of the parliament-to-be with a gun in a place like NI is just ludicrous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

is no one else thinking stone is taking orders from Mr. Never himself in an attempt to disrupt proceedings seen as the DUP are running thin on excuses not to share power. It's not like big Ian hasn't been down the loyalist terrorist road before.

just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Perhaps somebody should have noticed him while he was spraying graffiti on the front wall.

Wertz wrote:

Always very fishy how something invariably happen at the most crucial times in the North...Donaldson was murdered last time there was some deadline near....the huge PSNI raid in stormont at a delicate moment...loads of toher things...they can't all be cooincidence.
    This is another attempt to bugger things up by vested interests...with seemingly no hinderance from security forces, and apparent help in a few cases.

yes, i've often realised this and i've no doubt there'll be some big upset next march too.

it's also quite interesting that according to what his friends have said, he has crippling arthritis and most days can barely walk....

but i definitely agree, how can he get through the front gates, all the way up and down the hill, and then graffiti probably the most important building in the 6 counties, and then get into the building itself? he's one of the most recognisable figures of the troubles for god's sake....

all this especially surprising given that Mark Durkan said that he had seen Stone in the carpark earlier in the morning shouting various slogans.

and an imitation gun and some pipe bombs (barely a step up from your average firework), if he was actually intending on doing some damage, i'm sure he could have come a little better prepared....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

how can he get through the front gates, all the way up and down the hill, and then graffiti probably the most important building in the 6 counties, and then get into the building itself?

Wasn't wearing a celtic shirt? :D

I'll get my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

just out of interest whats the point of graffiti-ing on a wall of a building your gonna toss 8 bombs into :D:D

i know this is a serious topic and ive no support for the guy but when i saw it on the news i burst out laughing. just something about the image of a bunch of po faced politicians in suits having a nutter chuck a rucksack bomb at em shouting "never surrender". its just like something out of monty python

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Surely this gives some credibility to Sinn Feins Policing argument?

T.Sc.

Aye I doubt that if you'd had a few of the "boys" doing security at the gates, that that c*nt would have got in to the grounds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Presumably now he'll go back to jail. What a martyr, he graffitied on a wall and then threw something into Stormont which didn't do any damage.

Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Stone has been charged with attempting to murder Gerry Adams & Martin McGuinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Here's a link:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6182996.stm

"Stone was sentenced to more than 800 years in jail after he murdered three men at the funerals of three IRA members in Belfast in 1988. "

800 years? Typo? :confused:

IIRC there were over 60 other people injured in Milltown that day, add that to 3 murders and god knows what explosives posession charges and you could get to 800 pretty easily with non-concurrent sentences...

he confessed to a few other murders after he was caught too, which added to the various charges that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Originally Posted by DaveMcG
    Presumably now he'll go back to jail. What a martyr, he graffitied on a wall and then threw something into Stormont which didn't do any damage.
    Legend.

In fairness normal logic doesn't seem to apply to this guy's behaviour. Ever. Fcuk knows what he was thinking.

Advertisement