Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dude, where's my PC?

Options
  • 24-11-2006 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Bought a system from a small U.K. firm via Ebay and paid extra for postal insurance. Received an email saying it had shipped on 11/11. Lots of emails (including one saying that it actually only shipped on the 20th) later and still no system. They can't even tell me where the system is and the excuse smells of bs to me:
    "We can confirm an investigation has now been completed with our courier, and the goods have apparently been held up somewhere along the line.
    As this is International, all documentation is manually done using manifests, not as with our standard electronic methods for UK/Northern Ireland shipments, so regretfully I am not able to provide any consignment numbers etc."
    Is there anybody out there who thinks this is a valid excuse? I can't believe that in this day and age the courier wouldn't know exactly where the package was.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

charge back your credit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Ask them who the courier is, and who represents them here. I've had a similar experience with a larger courier company who had my goods in their depot in Dublin 15 for 3 weeks until I tracked them down and demanded delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

So did you have some sort of tracking number to allow them to find the goods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I can't remember for sure, but I know if they used Royal Mail, for example, because part of the journey is in the UK - to the point of departure - there will be some sort of tracking number. They can't send it insured without one.

If you think the goods are not sent, and to be honest it kinda looks that way, recall your credit card payment. Put the onus on them to prove they shipped the goods. After all, it is worth remembering you paid for a computer to be received by you, not that a computer be shipped by them. It is up to them to ensure you receive the PC, especially as you made sure they got paid.

That's one of the big drawbacks with ebay - you pay before you get the goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

nipplenuts wrote:
    That's one of the big drawbacks with ebay - you pay before you get the goods.

thats how everything works...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭maireadmarie

"Ask them who the courier is, and who represents them here. I've had a similar experience with a larger courier company who had my goods in their depot in Dublin 15 for 3 weeks until I tracked them down and demanded delivery."

Wonder who they were :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I told them to refund my cc as I had no confidence that they ever shipped me a system. I said that if the system ever arrived I would refuse delivery.

Lo and behold, I had scans of the tracking documents from them within 2 hours. My machine is crossing the sea as we speak :)

Advertisement