Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where did the new guys come from??

Options
  • 24-11-2006 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

What's the deal? About a quarter of the way through the second series (G1) there is a rake of new Transformer on both sides with no introduction.

So what, are we to assume they were always there, they just never showed themselves? Too lazy to go battle with the rest?
    I think you'd notice someone like Omega Supreme in the background :rolleyes:

As for him, don't get me started on why he can transform back to full robot when only his arms travelled :mad:

p.s. I really try not to take these things to seriously, but this bugged me when I was a child!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

I just assumed they'd wandered onto the space bridge from cybertron while Shockwave was asleep (or shooting at them, for all it seemed to bother every other Autobot).

The more pressing question is 'If they wanted to sell the toys, why did they make the most of the new characters so annoying?' Except for the charming gay couple of Hoist and Grapple, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wasn't Omega Supreme one of the few that the did explain the origins for.

Didn't he follow Astrotrain to Earth or something like that... and he had a serious grudge against the Constructicons and had been hunting them for years... although the Constructicon origins are a bit muddled... Megatron claims to have built them in one episode, in another they are shown as Autobots working with Omega Supreme on Cybertron before the war and then in another flashback we are shown them building Megatron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Re: Constructicons.

In the First series Megatron said he created them. Sort of a force to combat the Dinobots.

In the Second series the Constructicons say they always admired your man's work on Cybertron (I think it's Hauler, one of the charming Gay couple anyway ;))

On Wikipedia it explains the whole Omega Supreme/Constructicons thing and him following Astro Train from Cybertron, but there is no reference to it in the series. Having said that, I'm not finished watching them yet. I think I'm on ep 28 season 2 at this stage.

BUT HOW CAN HE TRANSFORM BACK TO ROBOT WITH JUST HIS ARMS AS A ROCKET?????

Sorry for shouting :o

There's is an episode called the Secret of Omega Supreme that explains the whole deal with him and the constructicons.

But the transforming back always annoyed me too. He's land on the moon and suddenly his whole tram track system was there with him.

I had the original version when I was a kid before he was adapted into the Transformers product line. It was a pretty cool toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

chamlis wrote:
    What's the deal? About a quarter of the way through the second series (G1) there is a rake of new Transformer on both sides with no introduction.
    chamlis wrote:
    BUT HOW CAN HE TRANSFORM BACK TO ROBOT WITH JUST HIS ARMS AS A ROCKET?????

Sorry for shouting :o

I am currently watching the entire cartoon series as well, and had the same questions. If it is only a glorified toy advertisement, maybe it would have been a good idea to introduce each new "cast" member to his colleauges. Selling a character with some sort of back story or history I believe would have been the best way to go. I watched the first two disks of season 2 several times to try and find their introductions.

In regard to the Constructicons, I always use the comics back story as to their creation as I do for all of the other characters. I like to think that the cartoon stories are stories of the Transformers exploits on Earth told through another medium and exaggerated as they are being represented.

The whole Omega, Prime etc transforming without the necessary equipment issue I think works along the lines of the constituent matter of that equipment being transported through space etc and reassembled when needed. This, I think is why Omega utilises so much power. I do not watch it but I think the Star Trek replicator works in the same way. Of course, it could be that all the gear just shrinks and he puts it in the cargo hold.

• Advertisement

But Omega Supreme clearly leaves all his sh*t behind when he takes off.

Yeah, and when he lands properly i.e. not crashing, there's always a big dust cloud surrounding him. When it clears all the stuff is back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

your ignoring the required suspension of belief here.

Yeah but c'mon!

How hard would it be to show all the **** flying nto the cargo hold or whatever?
    Everyone else has wildly fluctuating sizes and scales, why can't Omega's **** fit in his arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I dont think kids were meant to worry about this in 1985 ;)

If only Megatron had said "REbuilt" re: the Constructicons. there, problem solved. (BTW: in season 3 it shows the Constructicons building Megatron on Cybertron and there was 8 of them!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement