Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who takes the hit?

Options
  • 24-11-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious, when I bought my van, I filled it up with diesel leaving just enough money in my pocket to pay for the toll bridge on the way back. I got to the booth and handed €1.90 to the girl and left my hand out waiting for 10c change... she just looks at me for a bit.. and then says it's €3.10 for a van. I didn't have it so she let me by, but is the 1.20 coming out of her pocket for letting me by? What's to stop booth workers charging 3.10 to all van drivers and putting them through as a car and pocketing the extra 1.30 for themselves?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wouldl imaging that there are plenty of cameras there watching both cars and staff!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ok, maybe not all van drivers, maybe 2 an hour to bump the wage up by what would probably be 20% at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

cormie: been following your Journey to buy a van which one did you buy in the end??

on topic:
    i'd say they can allow a certain amount of people through to avoid chaos with people having to back up...so its probably the toll company that takes the hit

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Got a 99 Ford Transit with 100K on the clock for €2,300. Needs some money put into it for general maintenance. Will work out at in or around 3.5K, I hope a lot less:) Which is a good price for a 99, 100K in near perfect condition.:cool:

Advertisement