Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson K610im

• 24-11-2006 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Thinking of buying on O2 what do you guys think of it what are the SE joystickes like its the one thing I dont like about there phones..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

does this one have an actual joystick?

if it does, avoid. I have a K500i and the joystick is wonky as hell - sometimes it works, others it doesn't. Apart from this I like it - nice features and interfaces, but features are useless if you can't access them because the joystick is playing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

thanks for the reply I think it does have a joystick ill double check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Joysticks are standard fare on sonyericsson phones. A few users have reported problems here alright and when i was working for a phone shop you'd get a few back - at the same time you'd get the same number of nokias back with dead buttons on the keypad as well so they're about as reliable as anything else.

Theres a t610 in my house that is still in action, my old k700 is being used by a friend and no problems with my k800i to date. I don't think they're any more unreliable than the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've had T610, K500i, K750i, and a K800i and a K300i is in the posession of another family member, and none of them have ever experienced a joystick problem.

Undoubtedly some do, but as neilled says, I don't think it's any more common than faults on any other make of phone.

Had a luck at lunch time this model doesnt seem to have a joystick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

My mate got a K610im from O2 the other day. It hasn't got a joystick like, for example the K750i, it has a button/pad similar to the W810i. It is a nice looking phone and one of the best phones at it's price range.

I currently have a K750i after previously owning a T630i, and I have to say that after awhile the joysticks do become abit sticky. It can be annoying when you are browsing through your phonebook then suddenly the joystick gets stuck and you end up calling some random number :rolleyes: But besides that, I really like Sony Ericsson phones and I don't think I will change brands anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

As the owner of the K610im, I can confirm that it DOES NOT have a joystick.

apart for the camers and joystick is there any difference to the k800i? do ye reckon it will go down in price after xmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Some impressions I got from the phone:

positive
    - free speakers with it
    - imail
    - mp3
    - memory card slot
    - 2MP camera

negative
    - feels a little cheap (not really a negative as much as a general observation I guess?)
    - screen quality isn't as good as the W810i

Not a bad buy imo though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Hi,
    Anybody know how to turn off the little flashing yellow/green light on the top of this phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It doesn't have autofocus on the camera which makes it worse than a K750i/W810i/k800i camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

ciaranfo wrote:
    Some impressions I got from the phone:

positive
    - free speakers with it
    - imail
    - mp3
    - memory card slot
    - 2MP camera

negative
    - feels a little cheap (not really a negative as much as a general observation I guess?)
    - screen quality isn't as good as the W810i

Not a bad buy imo though!

Yes I agree, it feels a little plastic. The free speakers come very handy, although I would have like to see a built-in FM radio on this model, or even built-in to the speakers!

I'd also add that the battery life is just below 2 days when using 3G, but this seems to be standard these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

ciaranfo wrote:
    I'd also add that the battery life is just below 2 days when using 3G, but this seems to be standard these days.
    on 2g mode this phone has lasted for 5 days for me, even when I receive alot of emails over imode and text messages all day long on it.

Indeed, battery life is significantly better when you move to 2.5G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

If you have Windows Live Messenger running.. the battery life will be shorter as a little as half a day! Other than that - it's a good phone!

Marty

Advertisement