Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair dragging out...

Options
  • 24-11-2006 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Basically, it involves a broken laptop of mine that after being sent away twice in very quick succession for repair [read: the day it came the first time, I rang and organised a pick up again]. When it came back the second time, I had less RAM than I sent it away with.

Long story short, after ringing and having the problem escalated, I got a call back one morning and I was told that yes, I can bring it to a local pcworld and have them diagnose the problem rather than have my laptop go away again.

Tech told me faulty RAM and that I could get them to send the new RAM to the store and they'll install it for me. I rang back the support num to find that the store was to have rang england when I went in.

Back to the store, told my story, guy takes my details and said he'd check it out. Call back next day saying, yes, there was a call to the store to be expecting me and for them to call england, but when he did, he was told that I should never have gotten a phone call and shouldn't have brought it to a store.

Everything that happened was documented their side because when I ring and quote the job number they have on file, that I called x times, I got a call back, and the store got a call too. Now they should have that the store called back.

Now I have an english number that I have to bloody ring and bitch to some woman that sez that they don't send out parts and repair is done in house.

Let me state, this is not my fault in any way. The RAM was fine before it went away. The first repair was a mobo replacement and it's clear that they ****ed up and something happened the RAM when it went back in.

I'm in 4th year with an FYP to do and since mid september, I've had my laptop for all of about 2 1/2 weeks. I just cannot afford my laptop going away for another 2 weeks, not this close to the holidays, nor after until my fyp is done.

Damned if I'm letting them walk all over me with this given it's their own damn fault but I'm not sure if I have a 'leg to stand on' in this.

Halp meh! please.

Advertisement