Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do for a 2 year old?

Options
  • 24-11-2006 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Son is almost 2 years old and because of the crummy weather has been stuck in for the most part. He's got stuff to play with in the house but want to take him out to do some things outside.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why not take him for a walk in the rain ?
    Kit him out well rain gear and leggings and wellies and let him dance in the puddles.
    Have towels inside the door for when you get back and a change of clothes and something warm to drink to warm him up.

Most two year old will be happy just to be out some where new,
    there are a whole heap of exhibitions in the musems around the city and the different galleries and a walk around them looking at shiney things can also wear him out.

There is the national aquirium at bray as well, or you could look about for your local activity place like a griaffes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Where abouts are you? As Thaedydal said the Aquarium in Bray, its very good and my kids love going. You can ring up and ask what time they are feeding the fish and tie that in with your visit.

I bring the kids swimming as well, which they love and there are pools everywhere. Try get them doing something that energetic rather than sitting in the cinema etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I personally found the Brayquarium small, shabby and depressing, but 2 year olds are easily entertained, and mine thought it was OK (though he found it difficult to see some of the exhibits).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

We put the wet gear on and go looking for puddles and mud to splash in. Its a lot of laughs, I think I like even more than he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

Hi There,
    Have you tried Gymboree?? My 2 year old daughter goes twice a week and loves every minute of it. Best thing about it is she goes in the morning and my the time she gets home, she is knackered and will have a good long nap. I admit that to join it's not cheap (€140 for 3 months) but for that you get one class a week and she can go to open gym (climbing and sliding) as many times a week as she wants. It's well worth it for what she gets out of it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement