Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspiron 1501 for gaming

• 24-11-2006 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Could some one plaese help me with this problem, i was wondering if the laptop with the following specs would be able to play the Sims 2 and any expansion packs to a good standard. Eg. no lag or unexpected crashes.

Mobile AMD Sempron technology 3500+
    Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition, SP2 (incl Operating System Re-Installation CD)
    Collect & Return, 90 Day Service only
    15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display: 1280x800
    256MB 533MHz Single Channel DDR2 SDRAM (1x256)
    ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory™
    60GB (5,400rpm) Hard Drive
    Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software
    6 Cell, 56Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Cost €579

I no there has been recent threads about this machine but if someone could give a direct answer to this question then it would be of great help. Is it the lack of RAM of the graphics card that would cause problems if any?

P.S its not for me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You will need more system memory then 256mb definately as the card needs to take some of that memory to make up what it needs. At least 512mb altogether would be a minimum really but preferably 1gig or even 768mb would be ok if you add your own 512 module after purchase which would work out cheaper then upgrading with dell.

The card itself, the X1150, is fine for the Sims 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

As mentioned, 1 gig of RAM would be nice but get the minimum from Dell and pick up the rest elsewhere like Crucial or shop4memory.com which will have cheaper prices on it.

Advertisement