Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old SCSI Drive for Audio CD's

Options
  • 24-11-2006 5:58pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I have an old external SCSI 4x CDROM that I used to use on an Amiga 1200. The CDROM drive has an audio output and can play CD's through it or the headphone jack on the front, like most other drives using simple CD Play control software.

I'm installing a PABX shortly and was thinking of using the CDROM to do music-on-hold. What i'd like to do is to have it just play the CD when the power is turned on, with no computer connnected to the SCSI port. Is this even possible?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I used to have an old 4x IDE CD drive with two buttons, one was eject, the other was play and it did out through the head phone socked, died before I got a chance to stick it in the car :(

Unless it has a play button or some special connector, then the only way to get it to play is to send the correct data packed down the data cable.

You can buy a new CD player that will play mp3's for half nothing nowadays and use the random button. Maybe 10 albums of their choice and a small lead weight on the random button so it plays as soon as the power goes on. Or get a DVD player for €30-40 quid to play the CD's on.

Advertisement