Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

k750i firmware upgrade in Wexford?

• 24-11-2006 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has a K750i which is very buggy. She only bought in in June from the Carphone Warehouse but the firmware, R1AA008 is from last December. Where can she get it upgraded without having to do lose the phone for too long? She doesn't know anything about firmware and when she asked them recently at Carphone Warehouse, they told her there was nothing they could do to fix the problems. The latest firmware does for sure fix some of the issues she has but the guy didn't even ask her for the phone to check which revision she had.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cant you do that yourself ?

Using SEUS more info

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=92737

Da Vinci is the hacked one that costs. But there is official ones on the sony site.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Well, I probably would be happy to have a go but she doesn't have the cable with her and I haven't done it before. I am always a little nervous about firmware upgrades on anything. I have had bad experiences with routers and other devices in the past. If it doesn't work, it probably means a more lengthy visit to a repair centre and possibly a cost also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have the w800i and have updated it twice.

Has the master reset option in case of an "oops"

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I have K750 and did it twice too, it's a piece of cake once you're sure you have all the fiddley requirements.
    100% battery and Adobe Flash for Internet Explorer (not Firefox, booo)
    You'd probably be just as capable to do it as some random guy in a phone shop.

Advertisement