Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless connection

Options
  • 24-11-2006 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I have a router that connects to my PC (Wired). I've bought a another new PC which is in another room in the house. Since I want to conect both PC's to the broadband , i've ordered a new wireless router.

Im now wondering how to conect the 2nd new PC to the wireless connection.
    Do I need some sort of USB adaptor? If I do , where can I buy one? (Either online or from a shop.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Seeker wrote:
    I have a router that connects to my PC (Wired). I've bought a another new PC which is in another room in the house. Since I want to conect both PC's to the broadband , i've ordered a new wireless router.

Im now wondering how to conect the 2nd new PC to the wireless connection.
    Do I need some sort of USB adaptor? If I do , where can I buy one? (Either online or from a shop.)
    Where did you order the wireless router? What model is it? Can you not get a wireless adapter from the same source?

Marx Computers in Fairview have a wireless USB adapter for 29 EURO.

No Waffle Computers in Firhouse have a bunch of them, starting at 24 euro.

Don't buy a belkin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Foxwood wrote:
    Don't buy a belkin.

why , does belkin not make anything that works ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Foxwood - it was actually my brother that ordered it - from BT themselves. He asked about wireless adapter but they said he didnt need it. Im thinking there has to be some sort of connection/adapter given as the computer on its own wont be able to connect to a wireless router on its own.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    why , does belkin not make anything that works ??
    The problem isn't with the stuff that works, it's with the stuff that doesn't work. How do you know which type of belkin you're going to get?

Seeker wrote:
    Foxwood - it was actually my brother that ordered it - from BT themselves. He asked about wireless adapter but they said he didnt need it. Im thinking there has to be some sort of connection/adapter given as the computer on its own wont be able to connect to a wireless router on its own.
    The new computer isn't a laptop, is it? (most new laptops have built in wireless).

You probably could have saved a few bob by buying the wireless router and adapter together. How much are BT charging for the wireless router?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kookenhaken

Hiya

has anyone gone through the process of persuading landlord to turn who house of flats into a hotspot?

we're in the D6 area and ther's a found in the hallwall on the ground floor by the front door.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

I'd appreciate any advice

Advertisement