Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evga 680i

Options
  • 24-11-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

nobody seems to have this in stock, does anyone know where to get one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

OcUK is the only place I've seen it they currently only have 2 in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Ok I need help. I now have everything for the new setup(including 8800gtx) with the exception of the mobo, I just cant decide what to do probably because this is my first time building and I dont have the knowledge to make the right decision. The evga board is quite expensive (€350 on overclockers) and I have heard that its not without a few problems. On the other hand I probably would like to go sli, not for a while though maybe mid to late next year and I would like to start overclocking. With these things in mind what mobo should I go for, please help as I am beginning to lose sleep over this!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

nForce 6 Intel SLI boards are hard to come by at the moment so unless you wait it out I'm not sure you have much of a choice. OcUk now list the Asus Striker 680i for pre-order and it is even more expensive than the eVGA branded one.

While not exactly an elegant or cost effective solution if you simply cannot wait why not buy the cheapest Core 2 supporting motherboard it would be a fraction of the price of a high end 680i and tide you over till they come out.

This board for €72 would do the trick & you at least get some building experience from it as well.

When 680i are more plentiful in number & brand you can make the switch.

Advertisement