Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael and PD coalition

Options
  • 24-11-2006 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

This to me would be the best coalition for me.I cant understand why Fine Gael are after Labour to go into Goverment, they are far to Left wing and are against the necessary war on terror and the use of Shannon airport for this purpose,and dont forget about Labour TDs atending the illegal protests against Shell which are IRA orgainised.Both Fine Gael and the PDs are ardent opponents of the criminals of Sinn Fein and their working class vote so why not work together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

You don't see the PD's as just "junior" FF then, made up of those who are really FF but are just too disaffected to carry the card?? This might explain why FG wouldn't have much to do with them.

Anyway, who'd want to have anything to do with the Rottweiler!??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Exactly, the PD's are like those remora fish that attach themselves to sharks and get carried along by the shark and also feed off the leftovers.

They are FF in all but name so in my view thats the only coalition thats ever viable for them !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

They are FF in all but name so in my view thats the only coalition thats ever viable for them !

I would say they are like FF but worse, but you're absolutely spot on about FF been the only viable coalition for the PDs.

If PD's lose any seats and votes which looks considerably likely to me at this stage, all bets are 2007 will be another bad year to be Michael McDowell, except worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

TBH I think that in terms of ideologies FG and PDs would have more in common, as would FF and Labour (in terms of FF's ordinary membership). That said there are a lot in FF who would be more PD in their outlook than Labour. However proportionately there are more in FG who would be have a similar outlook as the PDs than there is in FF.

However it's a pure numbers game. FG and the PDs would not be able to muster up anything like the support of FF and the PDs or FG and Labour. An FG/PD Government just couldn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Malone wrote:
    and dont forget about Labour TDs atending the illegal protests against Shell which are IRA orgainised.

is that a fact yeah? show me a source please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

PDs and FG are the natural bedfellows, not PD/FF which was a marriage of convience back in 1989, the numbers stacked up then as they have done since 1997. If a FG/PD coalition were viable it would happen.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

They might get the support if Labour wasn't FGs crutch. If labour went in with FF FF is forced to move to the left and FG if they want government again would need to form an alliance with the PDs.

We could actually have a proper left-right divide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

But thats is unlikly due to the multi-seat PR system we have, its why the next government could as easily be FF/Lab as FF/PD

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

A FG/PD coalition won't happen because they just wouldn't have the numbers for a legislative majority.Thats why FG has a pact with Labour the two parties together have at least a chance of forming a government.

To be honest I can't really see Labour going in coalition with Fianna Fail.I would like them to but Pat Rabbitte has ruled them out.I guess if there's a speedy leadership change with Brendan Howlin there might be a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Malone wrote:
    I cant understand why Fine Gael are after Labour to go into Goverment, they are far to Left wing and are against the necessary war on terror and the use of Shannon airport for this purpose
    Have you tried enlisting in the US or British armies in order to fight the good fight in Iraq? They're desperate for recruits now; I'm sure they'd be able to get round the citizenship issue. Go on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Malone wrote:
    and dont forget about Labour TDs atending the illegal protests against Shell which are IRA orgainised..

Do you have any evidence to back up that claim about the shell protests?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Malone wrote:
    This to me would be the best coalition for me.I cant understand why Fine Gael are after Labour to go into Goverment, they are far to Left wing and are against the necessary war on terror and the use of Shannon airport for this purpose,and dont forget about Labour TDs atending the illegal protests against Shell which are IRA orgainised.Both Fine Gael and the PDs are ardent opponents of the criminals of Sinn Fein and their working class vote so why not work together.
    every single word of this post is complete unadulterated nonsense. if we lived in a sane world, there would be absolutely no need to elaborate on that

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I can't think of a good reason to consider the OP anything other than a troll. Malone, if you want to discuss the possibilities of a FG/PD coalition in a less inflammatory manner, feel free to PM me first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement