Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Microcar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

colm_mcm wrote:
    I don't get it. If it was half the price, maybe you could justify it, but a used Clio 1.5 diesel would be such a better buy. That "car" looks daft, it is slow, it's likely to be a pig to drive, it can't be as safe or refined as the cheapest of microcars.

I'd sooner buy a Perodua Kancil
    thkancil1.jpg
    http://www.perodua.com.my/our_cars.php?sub_page=kancil&sub_nav=specification

In reply to the Op, there are a number of micro car manufacturers in france that have been around since the I970s. When I was in france, I remember seing a lot of these cars, very small, with 500cc or less engines. I have seen one or two of them in this country, brought over but not yet on irish plates.
    There is a similiar class of car in Japan, known as the K class, again with engines of 650cc or less. One car that springs to mind is the Suzuki Twin, which is half the size of an alto....

On the subject of Perodua, Im sure you can buy these in Ireland. I did see a 04 version of the Daihatsu Cuore around and I also saw an advertisement in Buy and Sell for these cars too. The garage selling them was based in Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

I honestly think this is a way of cleaning up the gene pool....
    Spend 15k on a 21bhp car in which you will most likely die if any reasonably sized car hits you at at time where you are barely safe in a decently sized saloon car due to the amount of larger vehicles on the roads.
    Is 10/15 mpg of a saving really worth your life? When anyway the chances are the hearse taking you to your plot will burn more (Thinking of the environment here) to cancel out whatever you saved before you died....
    Spend 1k on a decent (and safe) 2nd hand car and drive less ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Size doesn't = safely.

I've seen these kinda cars before, especially in other countries. Normally you hear them before you see them, as they need to be revved hard to make any progress. An underpowered car is no fun in heavy traffic. I also think you'd be better with a normal small diesel or petrol.

Advertisement