Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Computer Comments Please?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Yes I just said it shorter. :D

What can I say, I'm a detail-oriented person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Thats why the Dell is cheaper and self build more expensive. You pay for what you get etc.

my last self build was the same price/spec of the dell that I was looking at but I got a machine more suited to my needs. plus I could adapt or cusomtise it to suit my needs as time goes on.

I bought a dell dimension 5150 about 2 month ago and have found the build quality to be below par to be honest. panels rattle and vibrate. silly plastic clips for mounting internal devices. when the fan ramps up its too loud. the list goes on.

to be honest if your looking for business machines go with Dell (there support is good in this market) but if its just for yourself get a mate to help you build one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

BrianjG wrote:
    my last self build was the same price/spec of the dell that I was looking at but I got a machine more suited to my needs. plus I could adapt or cusomtise it to suit my needs as time goes on. ...

A Dell machine should be cheaper. If its not you've paid too much for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 musa art

A Dell computer should be less expensive. If it isn't, you have overpaid for it.

Advertisement