Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.Net 2.0 and webservices

Options
  • 25-11-2006 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I have a local web service added to my .net project.
    The Build runs without errors. But when I try running the form that invokes the service I get this error:
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:
    http://localhost/ShowYourGardenv2/SaveFileAsType. at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.Soap11ServerProtocolHelper.RouteRequest() at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.RouteRequest(SoapServerMessage message) at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize() at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

I have gone through pages of google searches and the general problem seems to be to make sure the namespace is the same as the project namespace. I have done this but continue to get the same error.
    Has anyone any other clues - my head is wrecked!! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I figured this out - I was creating a web service in the same solution I was calling it from. :rolleyes:

Advertisement