Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase 4 doesn't offer direct X support

Options
  • 25-11-2006 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Which I have to say I find pretty surprising. I'm glad I found this as I was eyeing up Cubase 4 for an upgrade. Not a good move on their part I reckon. Maybe they'll do something about it? Info here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I wouldn't be too worried myself tbh. Pretty much everything is available as a VST nowadays anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cubase/Steinberg invented VST so they were'nt too pushed about offering the Cakewalk standard tech!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Dxi's arent exactly known for their stability either, even sonar 6 has native vst support now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I understand but I was still surprised. There are ALOT of DX plug ins still in use and old mixes that if pulled up without them would be quite different. But then I guess that's progress and it has to happen at some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

not suprising in the slightest

dxis have had their time, i dont think i have a single one on my studio machine any more actually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

No problem as long as Steinberg keep the technology open. I'd hate to see them bury the DX and DXi standards and then start charging for the VST API, or for the pro version which would give you access to some programming calls not present in the lite version, or not releasing all details for the api like Microsoft have supposedly done in the past. Concensus and standardisation are wonderful, but monopolies worry me.

Advertisement