Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cracked Head 2000 BMW 316

Options
  • 25-11-2006 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Have been having probs with the ole beemer and it finally came to a head recently when it overheated.

Had been to 3 garages trying to get the problem sorted, but after water pump, thermostat, gasket change it still overheated. Next option --> head needs skimming & pressure test for crack.

Went to BMW garage and nearly fainted when they told me repair costs.

Can anyone advise on getting this done a lot more cost effectively? Bearing in mind I want to offload it and I am moving overseas in January.?

Advice appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bad luck!
    You could get another engine from a reakers or get a recon head from the likes of ECP.
    A dealer will naturally charge loads more than elsewere for both parts and labour.
    Call Al in AC Cars for cheaper rates with work just as good as any dealer.

Advertisement