Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot access Airsoft and Paintball boards

Options
  • 25-11-2006 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

As above.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You are banned from the forum. PM the moderator (Sparks) to find out why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Is it normal to just be banned without warning and for no reason?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Well, it depends on the forum and the gravity of the offence. Sparks is a good moderator, so I'd imagine he had good reason to ban you.

To be honest, I couldn't find the reason for the ban, but I didn't look too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I would imagine that this is why you were banned.

So it took him 2 days to ban me because of a comment I made and retracted because it was inappropriate and apologised for?

• Advertisement

Have you taken it up with the moderator in question yet? There's nothing we can do for you until you've first discussed it with him.

Im PM'd him earlier today but no response.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Harekin
    I know Sparks refered you to me.
    In answer to your PM, I did not ban you and I do not know who did.

Also,
    You are not automatically entitled to a PM, though most Mods do send one.

Just forget this whole thing, at this stage (after realising Iv been a d**k for the last two days to EVERYONE around me) I just wanna know how long these bans generally last for?

Is it individual for each case?
    Sorry for asking all the questions and for being said d**k to everyone.

Yeah, it's individual. Perhaps if you explain yourself to the relevant people and apologise properly, the ban will be commuted to something more lenient.

• Advertisement

Ok noone seems to know who it actually was who initiated the ban. If that mod happens to read this thread would they please post here?

OMG, I recieved a permanent ban for 2 bad posts whereas I just read a thread there by "DrunkenLeprechan" and he just had his post deleted and then he abuses every mod that speaks to him! Jesus lads, whats the story there? A bit of fairness maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ok I'm confused, Has sparks replied to you saying it was a permanent ban or what the fig is going on?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

After his performance in that forum, I believe the Mods there would be quite happy never to let him back in.

Beruthiel wrote:
    After his performance in that forum, I believe the Mods there would be quite happy never to let him back in.
    My "performance" is one bad post, also my ban has been reduced to a month.

Advertisement