Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE K800i - Bad reception?

• 25-11-2006 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

Just got myself one of these yesterday. I upgraded from a SE T630 and have only read good things about this phone.

But I have noticed in my limited use of the phone so far that the reception signal is very dodgy. Almost everyone I have spoken to on it so far has commented that my signal keeps breaking up. I have called them back on my Nokia work phone from the same location and it is fine. Funnily enough I can generally hear the other side perfectly well.

Is this a problem with this model that anyone knows?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

This is a 3G phone and it will defualt to 3G reception if available. I had to switch mine to GSM only to help with phone reception. I don't think O2 have a great 3G network yet - so I found it was best to stick with GSM.

I often got an "emergency calls only" message on screen when I moved out of a 3G area eventhough a GSM O2 network was available.

Might not help with your problem, but worth a shot...

Great phone other than that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Brilliant...!! thanks...I'll read the manual and see how to change it. Someone told me that o2 don't have 3G at all yet so none of the 3G functions will work anyway?

I hope that is all it is..cos is a really nice phone okay...and my previous T630 had perfect reception.

Thanks again :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

O2 has a small 3G network but you can't do video calling (to my knowledge). They also don't offer any 3G services like video and MP3 downloads or TV that the likes of Vodafone or 3 or would do. You get 3G data speeds, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

menu >> settings >> connectivity >> mobile networks >> GSM/3G networks >> GSM only.

if you haven't found it already.

Advertisement