Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic Document Storage

• 25-11-2006 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has taken the plunge in scanning and storing their documents in an electronic format. I would like to move most of my files to storage but want to be able to have access the info when needs be. I have seen systems out there but they seem to be crazy expensive for home use as do any scanner that has a document feeder. Cany anyone recommend any software or hardware for this? I would ideally like to be able to do this for under €100 but I dont think its possible.

One of the biggest things I would like to do is to be able to get all my bankinig information in an electronic format, to the best of my knowledge no bank provides a facility for this (many thanks again to gay assed lazy industry regulators who seem to think its acceptable that Ireland should be 10-5 years behind Europe or other places in the world when it comes to services). Has anyone had experience doing this? Scanning documents and extracting data into a CSV format etc?

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Dont think I can help much with the scanning questions you have, but thats only going to be your first hurdle. You'll need to organise also a filing/tagging system for your documents so you dont end up with a big mess of documents lying everywhere. Also remember to consider how you will protect your data once you have it all in one place. A proper backup strategy is very important

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

and something with thumbnails is handy for searching

the problem is not storage, it's retreval later on.

Advertisement