Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mysql killing my apache service

Options
  • 25-11-2006 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've been having trouble with my apache service these last few days. If I do anything in phpmyadmin, after a few sql statements, say, phpmyadmin grinds to a halt and Apache.exe is showing 99% cpu usage in task manager.

The only way around it is to restart my machine and go again. Anyone encountered this problem before? As I said, it's quite recent, and the only major app I've installed in the last month or so is Skype.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Hey corblimey, the problem is that Skype uses the same port (80) as an "alternative" for incoming connections which interferes with Apache. Anytime you even use Skype for chatting in text, it does weird things to this port, causing Apache to wig out. Even having 2 networked machines, 1 with Skype, 1 with Apache makes no difference. Just uncheck the box in Skype > Connections.

(cough, just in case anyone else is interested)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

umm, replying to yourself. Thats something new :)

Advertisement