Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Central Locking

Options
  • 25-11-2006 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Howdy,

Quick question... If I wanted to put a remote central loking system on 98 polo, any idea on how muh it would set me back? I know it may be more worthwhile to just upgrade the car, but its not much of an option at the moment...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Howdy,

Quick question... If I wanted to put a remote central loking system on 98 polo, any idea on how muh it would set me back? I know it may be more worthwhile to just upgrade the car, but its not much of an option at the moment...

You can buy cheapish central locking DIY kits off of the likes of eBay. Not sure how to fit them yourself or how expensive it is to have them fitted professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think Maplins do them. Get electric windows while you're at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Prolly about 100 euro for a full kit incl remote, controller and lock actuators. Plus a couple of hours on a saturday with a battery powered drill (to drive in those cursed self-tappers), some insulating tape and a lot of of f'ing and blinding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I got it done to a 97 polo a few years ago. I paid IR£90 extra to have it done when I got my alarm fitted.
    Electric windows are mad expensive to get done though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

They are simple enough devices. Its just a series of solenoids that attach to the rod for your up-down door button. They are triggered by the remote sensor supplied. They can be messy to fit sometimes.

If you do fit a C/L system be careful not to get out of the habit of making sure the tailgate is locked. Most kits won't have the ability to control the tailgate lock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement