Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you change the way you look?

• 25-11-2006 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

If you could would you change the way you look?

Would you change the way you look 46 votes

Nope Im perfect
    0% 0 votes
    Yes .Id love to change the way I look
    50% 23 votes
    Maybe a few things here and there
    50% 23 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No, I'm happy enough really and what if everybody didn't think I was really hawt anymore???!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I'd change a few things here and there, but we can't all be perfect like tar:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No, I'm pretty good looking.

Could lose some weight, but I'm working on that with some success. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Doomspell wrote:
    I'd change a few things here and there, but we can't all be perfect like tar:rolleyes:

Do you mind me asking what would you change? and karl Hungus are you losing your weight for health reasons or to look better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm happy with the way I am. I wish I still had my long, brown locks of hair but can't have everything, it gets in the way in the summer heat anyway and no one is perfect. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

panda100 wrote:
    Do you mind me asking what would you change?

I'd change my nose anyway, well not its shape, I'd just put it back to the way it use to be. I'd change my nose because I was in a crash in which I broke my nose(along with other injurys, but anyway) and it never went back to the way it was. Nobody else notices it, but I do and it tends gets on my nerves from time to time. Other than that I don't think I'd change anything else really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah, actually I could lose some of my scars, especially on my back. I like the ones on my forehead and wrist though.

panda100 wrote:
    Karl Hungus are you losing your weight for health reasons or to look better?

Both I suppose. This is me a few months ago, and I've a bit of a beer belly, as you can see. I'm a Guinness drinker. ;)

Anyway, I've been working out a lot lately (Weight lifting), and drinking less. I've no health issues at all, apart from being a little overweight, but I do feel better these days, like I've more energy, less sluggish.
    Ah, actually I could lose some of my scars, especially on my back. I like the ones on my forehead and wrist though.

Ah man, chicks dig scars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

At the moment I'm pretty damn happy with how I look tbh.

Want to put on some muscle though, had an accident last January and wasn't able to work out for months and then couldn't get back into it so lost a lot of muscle mass and became quite skinny but am perfect weight-wise at the moment, just have to get back into working out.

Funnily enough, in the past I hated my nose and swore I'd get it fixed some day, though noone else saw a problem with it, but it seems to have fixed itself somehow and now I'm happy with how it is, so the one thing I would have gotten fixed no longer needs to be :)

Ah man, chicks dig scars!
    Yeah, those nails really hurt. Best not to get a lady to excited I found out, to my detriment. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I wouldn't change anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'd love feet a size smaller so I could get those t-bar docs, the dolly ones, and all the pretty shoes that stop at a size 8. Also, I'd change my nails. I inherited the ****ty ones everyone on my dad's side has. I guess other than other people are more bothered than I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

There is one tiny thing that I would change - I am happy with my figure but I have a tiny bit of a tummy even though I am tiny and only 7stone in weight but it is no big deal...should probably just do stomach exercises to tone it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I wouldn't change anything. Thats not because I think I am absolute physical perfection but the way I look is a huge part of me and I like me so why would I want to change that.
    I have to say I am astonished and a little saddened by how many people do actually want to change the way they look.:(

I normally would not care either but I am getting married in under 5 weeks time and I want to look perfect on my big day, doing a few sit ups is hardly a lot of work in any case.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd be happy to lose a few pounds, like most people, but apart from that, I wouldn't change much. Apart from the little bit of weight around my tum, I think my shape is great (hourglass). Perhaps it's not the most fashionable shape, but it works for me.

My legs are a bit too muscular, but there's not much I can do about that. And I'd consider changing my nose, but everybody else says they can't even see the imperfection with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'd like to lose a bit of weight (which I'm working on at the moment).

The only other thing, is that I'd like my teeth to be a bit straighter. Their not really bad, but I wish I had gotten braces when I was younger to straighten them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'd change everything, but only because I'm on the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

kizzyr wrote:
    I have to say I am astonished and a little saddened by how many people do actually want to change the way they look.:(

You know, not everyone is 100% happy with every part of them?
    I don't see how you can be saddened by reading this thread, are you saddened every time you read about a celeb on a diet?or one of your friends?Or perhaps every time you read of someone getting breast implants?etc.
    If thats the case, you get upset wayyy too easily.

Faith wrote:
    And I'd consider changing my nose, but everybody else says they can't even see the imperfection with it.

Maybe it needs more of an imperfection? Yeah, get a bigger nose! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I burned myself the other day on my straightener, :rolleyes: guna have a huge scar on my wrist and side of my hand. I think it'l look pretty cool. Bit red at the moment... Scars are hot on guys, usually an interesting story to go with them.

I think I'd like to get the bump on my nose shaved down. it annoys me seeing it in photos.

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I think I'd like to get the bump on my nose shaved down. it annoys me seeing it in photos.

Nah, get a bigger bump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

I punched through a double pane window, that was reinforced on the inside with wire. Only a tiny nick.
    It's good that I rarely lose my temper.

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I burned myself the other day on my straightener, :rolleyes: guna have a huge scar on my wrist and side of my hand. I think it'l look pretty cool. Bit red at the moment... Scars are hot on guys, usually an interesting story to go with them.

ive got a scar on the side of my face.I hate it but all my ex's said it added charrcter to my face.

Seems like a lot of people would change their noses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

rb_ie wrote:
    You know, not everyone is 100% happy with every[/] part of them?
    I don't see how you can be saddened by reading this thread, are you saddened every time you read about a celeb on a diet?or one of your friends?Or perhaps every time you read of someone getting breast implants?etc.
    If thats the case, you get upset wayyy too easily.
    I obviously didn't make myself clear and I certainly don't lie awake at night weeping into my pillow because people aren't happy with the way they look;)
    My point was that more and more often women are comparing themselves to the images they see on the front of Vogue, Marie Claire, Cosmo etc etc while not stopping to think that a) these images are photo shopped beyond belief b) professionals have worked on their hair, make up, clothes etc c) its a huge part of the celebs job to look as good as possible and so spend 4 hours per day in the gym when the rest of the world are going about their daily jobs in offices, hospitals, schools etc.
    I think the vast majority of celebrities are caught in diet spiral and are horribly thin and emaciated looking and that it is sad that they value their worth only in how thin they are.
    Re: breast implants and most other plastic surgeries I do think are all too often opted for, for all the wrong reasons where people value themselves on their outer appearance only and so are essentially making themselves little more than a shell of appearance and no substance. Don't get me wrong, plastic surgery has helped and will continue to help many many people who have been born with birth marks, facial disfiguration, people who have been in car accidents, fires etc.

Nah, get a bigger bump!
    LOL :D awh!

panda100 wrote:

Seems like a lot of people would change their noses?

Thats cos they're right in the middle of your face n u can't hide it. Who knew Xtina has massive ears? Or Monica in friends? They can hide that with long hair. No hope for noses...

I blame the media stereotype of witches having long noses and chins. Brainwashing children...:D

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I blame the media stereotype of witches having long noses and chins. Brainwashing children...:D

Yeah, and the media is also responsible for some very unhealthy views of what beauty is, and as a result we've got a hell of a lot of young women with eating disorders in this world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'd be taller and have better skin. Otherwise I'm fairly happy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

God damn those chin-wearing witches. ;)

People stress about the outside WAY too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

See the sig, I'm pretty gorgeous as it is. Although I'm a bit softer around edges then I'm used to, too many exams and too little exercise.

Also I guess I'd get a broken nose...eh, de-broken. Stupid rugby.

So it seems the nose is definetly the most popular choice of thing that people would most like changed about themselves.

Truth be told, I find my nose too upturned, and would be happier with a straighter one. But as it is, it doesn't bother me because overall, I'm pretty great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The thought of what rhionoplasty consists of is enough to put me off changing mine!

I did get my ear pinned back when I was 11, but it (apparently) stuck out because of the way I'd been lying on it in the womb, as opposed to a genetic fault.

Faith wrote:
    I did get my ear pinned back when I was 11, but it (apparently) stuck out because of the way I'd been lying on it in the womb, as opposed to a genetic fault.

I had to have reconstructive surgery on one of my ears as a kid. But that's a whole different kettle of fish.

• Advertisement

I had to have my nose reset after I broke it when I was 20 but it was because I was having breathing problems...you would never know that I ever broke it. I am slightly tongue tied but I would never get that changed, I just can not stick it out that far.

Scraggs wrote:
    I'd be taller ..

Thank god for high heels eh!

Id be smaller with a bit more a butt and bigger boobs. Id also change my translucent skin into a more olive complexion.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Sandrease

Id prefer better condition of my skin. Still having spots and irritation.... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Lil Kitten wrote:

Jessica Simpson has a bump on her nose, and it's one of her best features. Maybe it doesn't suit everyone, but generally it looks really cute (unless that's not what you're going for:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

If I could wave a magic wand and have any figure I wanted I would wave my head onto Kelly Brooks body.

I think, at some stage, I might look into getting my teeth fixed. I would love an even Hollywood smile.

Also, I have a piggy nose, I know I wont ever get it altered by plastic surgery or anything, but if I could just wish it into a different shape, I would.

• Advertisement

I'd lose a stone or so but that's not it

and no, there's no danger of me looking emaciated
    though apparently I don't look what I weigh at all, I look lighter, so it's not bad :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'd probably like to get fitter. At the moment I'm trying to do too many other things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Surgery wise i'd get my ears pinned back

then i'd get braces for a few months to straighten out a slight crooked took

then go the gym, and become an even smexxier baxtard!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

• I'd lose weight.
    • I'd be taller.
    • Liposuction.
    • Nicer hair.
    • I'd get rid of scar on my elbow.
    • My fingers are too long.
    • I have a crease in my forehead from frowning.
    • Bigger lips.
    • Straighten my fingers, they bent.
    • Bigger boobs, if I was taller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I'd change my nose. I'd like it to be a bit smaller. I have the exact same shape nose as my mother and it looks fine on her, but it looks too big for my face. And I'd like my limbs to be a bit less tapered. I have tiny wrists and ankles and skinny calves, which just makes my upper arms and thighs look big in proportion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Everything :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Movershaker

I must be a bit obsessed with how I look but I think I would change loads! Once it didn't involve surgery of course...

I generally like my shape but I need to tone up. However I'd like to be taller, with bigger boobs, only a cup size because my frame is small. I'd like my hairline to be slightly lower. I hate my big toes, I wish they were more elegant! My nails are crap as well. I'd like to have more shapely eyebrows and a stronger jaw. I'd also like to have naturally slimmer thighs (as in smaller leg bones!). I also wish my hair was naturally straight and my skin tanned more easily.

That all sounds a bit random, strange to see it written down! I used to say if I could do anything I'd fix my rubbish eyesight, but I had laser surgery so now they're perfect, best thing ever. Other than that, the rest will just have to stay the way it is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'd also like to have naturally slimmer thighs (as in smaller leg bones!). I

You're delusional. There is no such thing as 'big boned'

I think its quite sad that so many of us are not that comfotable in our own skin and would like to look differnet to what we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I dont like my skin, its combination and very difficult to find any products for it. The same with my hair. Its greasy with dry ends, and I cant find any shampoo or conditioner for it. I hate the colour of it too, so I'm going to dye it in a few weeks. I'd like to be taller, so I could see stuff at gigs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement