Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy a 2nd hand 1.4L LX Ford Focus engine

Options
  • 25-11-2006 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Silly me didn't check the oil in the engine so I have wrecked it today.

I'm looking for a 1.4L LX Ford Focus engine to suit the 1999 model. Can anyone recommend a dealer / mechanic/ garage and give me an idea of the cost involved in buying and fitting such an engine in or around Co. Dublin North, Meath, Louth.

thanks for any good advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

probably be as cheap to trade it, or buy something to keep you going for a while, then get you own done in your own time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

1.4 Focus isn't an uncommon car... I'd imagine there are plenty of crashed ones in breakers yards. At a guess I'd say you're looking at 400 for the engine, plus about the same again or a wee bit more for fitting.

The breaker I usually go to is in Kilcock [01 6285671]. But here's the rub: there's a baldy headed guy there, in his 30ies. Ask him for a price and it will be expensive. The other lads will quote a cheaper figure (the oldest guy, the only one with an ounce of "customer service" know-how is the cheapest), so it's worth phoning them maybe 2 or 3 times to get a price.

They'd probably know someone who would fit the engine for you too. But bring along a male friend when you're talking to them...

Advertisement