Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Uk operator to choose?

• 25-11-2006 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was thinking of getting a cheap sim card for a UK operator to be used mostly while in Ireland, I would like 1 that offerx Free text from their website and that does not need to be top-up very often as I wouldn't use the credit.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what provider will be better.

Is there any of them that are like Vodafonr and other providers with no roaming charges while in Ireland?

I have an unlocked phone so that won't be a problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

O2 uk offer a bolt on that allows use of a uk sim in ireland although why you would want a uk card to use in irl is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

cujimmy wrote:
    O2 uk offer a bolt on that allows use of a uk sim in ireland although why you would want a uk card to use in irl is beyond me

if they offer like Irish provider free webtext to any UK mobile that will be a good resaon, also if they have no roaming in Ireland people in the Uk can call me here with no extra cost to me.

Thnkas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

nava wrote:
    if they offer like Irish provider free webtext to any UK mobile that will be a good resaon, also if they have no roaming in Ireland people in the Uk can call me here with no extra cost to me.

Thnkas
    No x00 amount of webtexts as in IRL on UK networks no...
    Sims from all UK networks can be picked up on ebay almost free. Thousand of sims out for sale there. Beware Orange, they have to be regged in UK, and when you call you will be assigned a phone number, ie there's no phone number assigned to the specific sim card from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I am a Vodafone UK customer and when roaming in Ireland I am charged 75p (Vodafone Passport) for the connection when making and receiving calls then what ever minutes I use are deducted from my monthly package, provided I have minutes remaining.
    It is 40p to send a text and free to receive a text.

Unless it has changed recently Vodafone Passport is the best deal I can get.

Edit: Perhaps I should do a little more research as Vodafone UK has many service providers and they do offer different packages particularly to the business customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Nava,
    I have looked in detail at Vodafone UK Business, Pay Monthly and Pay as you Talk and there is NO free roaming.

Also from the Vodafone UK website: Text messages sent from the web will be charged according to your price plan and will be eligible to be included in any monthly allowance.

I hope this tells you what you what to know about Vodafone UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

HI

THANKS VERY MUCH

Was hopping that some of the UK providers will give 300 messages like Vodafone does over here.

Orange gives you 30 free messages to UK numbers.

Not sure about the others, but will keep looking.

Thanks again.

Advertisement