Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a Business versus an idea for one?

Options
  • 25-11-2006 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I am a sole trader under he name Basic Concept (still to register with the CRO after almost 1 year in, would you believe). I have recently started another facet to my business. In a nutshell, it is a new information portal site for Tullamore. I will be operating it as a business, but under the name of Basic Concept. The site will be called Tullamore Life & Community. As it will (hopefully) be generating some business (through advertising), is there anything I need to be aware of e.g. registering the name of the site with the CRO?

All help and comment appreciated.

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The obvious thing to do would be register the business name.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BizAngel

Make sure you have looked at VAT implications. I'm pretty sure that you should be charging VAT at 21%

Advertisement